Sunday, July 1, 2007

Hello July!!

I can't believe that it is July already, where did June go?? Summer is going its usual fast pace and I can't believe that the 4th is only a few days away. Wow! Looking back, we had a great June and spent much of our time outdoors. Last Thursday, we took the kids to Balloon Glow. It is held at Brucemore every year just before the 4th and they light up hot-air balloons and there is live music. It is pretty cool to see. We all had a really fun time.

On Saturday, we just enjoyed being home together. The girls painte me some new artwork to hang up while Cael took a nap and then we headed outside to play. Yes, I make them paint with only underwear/diaper on, much less of a mess!The girls have loved riding their bikes, each of them got new ones this year. Then, we took the kids over to one of our friends ponds. It is as close to a beach as we are going to get anytime soon. I much prefer pools as I don't care for water that I can't see the bottom of (the pond was very clean and was much better than going to a public beach.). But, the kids had a great time playing in the water and in the sand. Jaden was very happy that we went to a beach, she had been asking me when we would go to one. In the evening, we enjoyed seeing how many lightning bugs we could catch. Jaden has a great time catching them and putting them in her bug catcher. We even caught a baby frog the other night. Oh, the wildlife we have in our backyard!!

3 comments:

Julie said...

GREAT PHOTOS!

Anonymous said...

Great pics. of the kids. I love it that you got pictures of Balloon Glow.

Kristi said...

Love the pics of Balloon Glow!!!!