Tonight, I tried to do it. I had myself all psyched up, I was feeling good, I picked them out and headed into the dressing room, when BANG!! Is there anything worse than going swimsuit shopping? Seriously, the bright lights shining down on you? Not flattering at all. And what is up with the mirrors? Maybe they are the fun mirrors that they have at the fairs, the ones that make you look funny and that is not what you really look like, right? I hate shopping for a new swimsuit, but I need one. I haven't gotten one for 3 years because the last 2 summers I have had to wear a maternity swimsuit (which by the way is much worse to shop for, but at least there is a good reason for your belly hanging out). So anyways, I was at the store and walked by some cute swimsuits so I thought I would give it a try. Bad idea. Horrible. There is nothing that makes me feel worse. I am fine once I find one, bring it home and wear it at the pool. It is just the trying on suit after suit, trying to find one that will work for me. The one I have still fits me and is still in good shape and I still like it. It might have to do for this summer, I don't know if I can do that to myself again. Anyways, I guess it was a good wake up call to start making some better choices. I just need to start exercising more and making better choices of the food I eat. I have been putting it off, but I guess the time is here. I should have done this 2 months ago before swimsuit season. Sorry to go on and on, but had to vent a little!! Now, where did I set down my oreos?
Tuesday, July 3, 2007
Is there anything worse than this??
Tonight, I tried to do it. I had myself all psyched up, I was feeling good, I picked them out and headed into the dressing room, when BANG!! Is there anything worse than going swimsuit shopping? Seriously, the bright lights shining down on you? Not flattering at all. And what is up with the mirrors? Maybe they are the fun mirrors that they have at the fairs, the ones that make you look funny and that is not what you really look like, right? I hate shopping for a new swimsuit, but I need one. I haven't gotten one for 3 years because the last 2 summers I have had to wear a maternity swimsuit (which by the way is much worse to shop for, but at least there is a good reason for your belly hanging out). So anyways, I was at the store and walked by some cute swimsuits so I thought I would give it a try. Bad idea. Horrible. There is nothing that makes me feel worse. I am fine once I find one, bring it home and wear it at the pool. It is just the trying on suit after suit, trying to find one that will work for me. The one I have still fits me and is still in good shape and I still like it. It might have to do for this summer, I don't know if I can do that to myself again. Anyways, I guess it was a good wake up call to start making some better choices. I just need to start exercising more and making better choices of the food I eat. I have been putting it off, but I guess the time is here. I should have done this 2 months ago before swimsuit season. Sorry to go on and on, but had to vent a little!! Now, where did I set down my oreos?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh noooooo - you didn't!?!
That is the worst thing in the world.
I have tried it on a day when I was feeling pretty good and thought I could handle it - and the reprocussions of that afternoon lasted me weeks.
I have decided it is one of those tasks better done on a day when you are already in one mother of a foul mood -
then it at least doesn't ruin a perfectly good day!
:)
Besides - I think you look great. It's those god-forsaken fluorescent lights. I don't care what they say - I am not lighting my house with those, either ~ even if they are nicer to the earth - they are not nicer to my thighs! Or wrinkles!
Your oreo comment made me LOL!
:)
I hate swimsuit shopping, too. I ended up buying one of the cutsie skirt ones. Even though it's cute, skirts were considered "old lady" things when we were little and I just feel like one, too...good luck!
You brave, brave soul- I don't know if I will ever attempt swimsuit shopping....I'm sure I will have to someday because all I have are bikini's--oh, the good ol days before pregnancy!
You look AWESOME & if you don't feel awesome, maybe have a beverage before you take a swim... that is also much harder to do when you have to watch babies!!!
Post a Comment