Friday, August 31, 2007

Happy 4th Birthday Jaden!!!

Jaden, a year ago
Today is my little girls 4th birthday!! I really can't believe that it has been 4 years. Wow!! I still remember the day she was born and how excited I was to meet her. We got to the hospital a little after 5 and she was born at 9:12 pm, weighing in at 7 lbs. 6 oz. She was so perfect, so little, and everything I had ever dreamed of. I would give anything to go back 4 years ago and hold her again. She was perfect. As the years have gone by, she has become such a sweet little girl and many people refer to her as my little twin. Yes, we do resemble each other a lot!! I can see both Tad and I in her, which in itself is just amazing. She is so great to be with and we have a lot of fun together. She is fun loving, soft hearted, has a good sense of humor, and is a wonderful big sister. I absolutely love spending time with her. Her favorites include the color red, the movies "Bridge to Terabithia", "Matilda", and "Cinderella", Disney princess polly pockets, playing tea party, playing dress up, reading books, coloring, and she likes playing with her little sister Skylar. Here are pictures of Jaden throughout this past year.

Happy Birthday Jaden Lee



Here we are in the hospital, right after she was born


Last fall at the apple orchard

Coloring this winter

February, just being Jaden


Loves taking a bath (April)


What a great smile!! (June)

Howdy Cowgirl!! (July)

Doing her soccer pose last week

I wish I could freeze time and make my kids stay young forever. I am not ready to let go and have them grow up. (I know she is only 4, but before I know it, she will be 14) I have been trying to convince Jaden not to turn 4, but she tells me she has to and that she will never be a baby again. She is the sweetest. It is amazing that you don't realize how fast they change when you see them everyday. But we I compare her to a year ago, she looks so much more grown up. More like a little girl, not so much like a toddler. She is a beautiful little girl and watching her grow up will be an amazing journey.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, she is growing up so fast. What great pics of her. You are right, she is sooooo much like you were at that age, all the energy in the world (you are much better at keeping up with her than I was). Hope she had a wonderful birthday. She had a great party, we had lots of fun. It was fun to see how excited she was about all of her presents. Love that age, the world is still such a wonderful place. Have a great weekend. Love mom

kim said...

Happy Birthday Jaden!! :) Awesome party, too~
hope this next year is the best ever!!!!

xoxoxo from all of us!!!!
:)