Monday, August 13, 2007

Goodbye Nelly

Well, the time finally came for Nelly to go. It was time. I said goodbye to my Nelly, Nelly the Cavalier. I know what many of you are probably saying, "it is a piece of crap". Well, she may not have looked pretty anymore, but she sure ran great!! She was very pretty in her younger years and did age gracefully, with just a few age spots along the bottom. The last 5 years, I only drove her to and from work, otherwise she just sat and looked good in the driveway. I sold her to one of my co-workers 14 yo son for his school permit. I better be good to her. So, goodbye Nelly. We sure had a great 9 years together. You took good care of me, never broke down, never leaked oil, got great gas mileage, brought me home from college, took me to my first "real" job, took me to Colorado twice, brought me home after my wedding, and you always got me to work on time. I will miss you. Goodbye Nelly. You will live forever in my heart.

2 comments:

Julie said...

How funny. Isn't it crazy how you can get attached to a car?

Kristi said...

Bye Nelly (or Black Betty, as she was know in her younger days- when she was my car) I'm glad she was such a good car for you! & if I remember correctly you got her for a steal of a price =)
k