Sunday, August 5, 2007

Happy Birthday Kristi!!


Today is my sister Kristi's birthday, so a big Happy Birthday goes out to her:
(na na na na na na )
"You say it's your birthday"
(na na na na na na)
"Happy Birthday to ya"

Here are some great things about my sister. I will not disclose how old she is, but here are 34 things that I love about her and that make her her!!
  1. Born August 6, 197?
  2. Born in Sacramento, California
  3. AKA- mom to the trips- Austen, Caitlen, and Brooklen
  4. Loves 80's Rock-n-Roll music!!
  5. Favorite bands include Kiss, Aerosmith, and Bon Jovi and if you ask her, Jon Bon Jovi is her boyfriend
  6. Played the guitar
  7. When I was 14, she was having a party so to get rid of me, she gave me the keys to the car and told me to leave (which, yes, I did)
  8. She has a great sense of humor
  9. People tell me that we have the same laugh- very loud!!
  10. Favorite snacks include ice cream, oreos, and chips and salsa!!

  11. She lived out in Colorado for 7 years, in Grand Junction then in the Denver area
  12. Lived in Colorado, but hated to ski!
  13. She is a great listener and I can always count on her to be honest with me.
  14. Loves to scrapbook and is very creative
  15. Never thought she would be a stay at home mom, but loves it!!
  16. Loves the game Monopoly. I, however, hate the game. When we were little, she used to make me pay her $100 for a "get out of jail FREE" card, when I could have just paid $50 to get out of jail.

  17. Favorite colors are red and black.
  18. BIG Vikings fan!!
  19. Big Iowa State fan!!
  20. Favorite drink? In the morning, likes her Chai from Starbucks, but when out, likes her Captain Morgan and Diet Coke- yummy!

  21. She adores her kids.
  22. Is always good for a laugh
  23. Dislikes it when people are late (which I always am!!)
  24. Stubborn, in good ways and in not so good ways
  25. Is the middle sister and would do anything for either one of us!
  26. Her favorite movie is Steel Magnolias, "Laughter thru tears is my favorite emotion".
  27. Loves her nieces and nephews and is an awesome aunt.
  28. Has a tattoo of a sun/moon on her left calf
  29. Her favorite cartoon was The Smurfs!!
  30. She got to go to the 2002 Olympics in Salt Lake City!! WOW!!
  31. When she was in high school, we were in CR together in the ol' El Camino and she sped up and we "jumped" Center Point Road. (Well, maybe not exactly jumped, but both our heads hit the ceiling of the car). It was pretty fun!!
  32. Hates hot weather, loves the winter (are we related?)
  33. When younger, she used to hold me down and spit at me. But, one day, I finally got up enough nerve to fight back and stabbed her in the back with a fork. Ah, sisterly love!!
  34. She is an awesome sister and I don't know what I would do without her. Love ya lots Kris and I hope you have a great birthday!!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

hi jenni-
thanks for the birthday post!! you are awesome, but i think you embellished on a few =)
it was so fun to go to the movie on saturday w/ you, mom & kim... gosh, when was the last time the 4 of us went to a movie?- forever ago!
thanks again- love ya!
k

kim said...

Ha!
How fun! So glad I checked your blog! Fun list~

Happy happy Birthday, Kristi! Ejoy - before you are officially in your "mid-thirties" ~ EEEK!

love ya both~
k

Julie said...

That's great stuff - - I found out a few things I didn't know. Hey - I stabbed my brother once with a fork too!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO KRISTI!!!!!! Man, you're getting old. :)