
On Saturday, the weather was absolutely gorgeous and it was finally not raining and not humid as hell!!! Tad got one of our gutters fixed so it quits dumping rain right in our front yard where it is a bit low and rain gathers. I was able to get caught up on all the lawn work. The grass needed cut and then I tackled the flower beds, or they should be called here the weed beds. The weeds were seriously OUT OF CONTROL!! I had a hard time finding my hastas in all that mess. If anyone needs some hastas, please come to my house. I don't know what the lady that lived here before us was thinking, but we have HASTA HELL going on. In our flower bed, there are 10 hasta plants and that is after we have transplanted at least 5 out!! Yes, 10 hastas and no other flowers!! AAAAAHHHHHH!! I really hope to get that bed into shape and add some more flowers next year, right now I am just wanting it to look like there are plants in there and not all weeds. When did I start to care about my flower beds? Not quite sure. Probably when I got my own mortgage!! I so do not have a green thumb and need lots of help in that area. It will hopefully come with time. It still amazes me that we were able to get so much done with all 3 kids here. We had just about every toy we own for them out to keep them busy and they did great playing and riding bikes. It is slowly getting a little easier to get things done with them around, but it did help that Skylar and Cael napped at the same time. Jaden really likes to help us out and so we kept her busy doing little odd jobs throughout the day. She then found some worms in flower bed and that kept her quite busy.
On Sunday, I went into town to get some birthday shopping done for a special little girl who is having a birthday at the end of the week. I got to go to Toys R Us. That is such an awesome store!! I could spend hours in there with or without my kids, just looking and wishing for all the things for them. It really is the store where a 'kid can be a kid' or also an 'adult can be a kid'. Love it. I also got to go and have lunch with my Ya-Ya friends. Yes, my Ya-Ya's. This is just the name we come up with when we want to get together. A couple of the Ya-Ya's had had a couple babies, so I got to hold them which was great. It was great seeing all of them. Kate, we missed you and hope to see ya next time (she just had a baby girl 10 days ago, so Congrats to her). I forgot my camera so hopefully one of my ya-ya's will send me a picture, I will post it later!!

Here we are last Christmas at my house. Pictured l-r are Mindy, me and Jaden, Erica, Alisha, and Jaime. Suni and Kate couldn't make it. It really is very fun to get together and catch up on each others daily lives and we always have lots of laughs. We share so many memories together. Some of us have known each other since we were 5 or met in elementary school. In 7th grade, our schools combined, which brought the 4 of us and the 3 of them all together. We have been thru a lot since the 7th grade- lots of sporting events, many boyfriends, many laughs, embarrassing moments, tears, graduation, college, margarita nights, weddings, and now we are having our own children. It is wonderful to have people in my life that I have known for 18-25 years and still have so much in common with. Thanks for great times together, I am sure there are many more to come!
1 comment:
LOVE Jaden's h/c!!! She looks so cute! What a great length on her~
love it, love it, love it!
:)
xoxoxo
Post a Comment