1 year pictureToday is my baby girls birthday!! I can't believe that she is already 2 years old, but she will always be my baby girl. Where have these 2 years gone? I want them back so bad. I can remember the day she was born just like it was yesterday. I woke up with contractions around 4 in the morning and we finally headed out for the hospital around 11. Well, little girl decided that she wasn't ready to come out and meet us and it took all afternoon to finally persuade her to come out. By that time, all the drugs had worn off and I was in some pain. It hurt!!! The worst part?? There were 3 of us having babies at the same time so I was told I would have to wait!! And I was the one with no epidural!! Can you believe that?? But, I did the best I could to wait for the doctor and when he finally came in (after many swear words to the nurse, that poor woman), she wasted no time and was out in 43 seconds!! 

Our 1st hug, just minutes after birth
At 6:09 pm, August 8th, 2005, my little Skylar LuAnn was born. 7 lbs. 4 oz, 20 1/2".
I remember it took her a little bit to make her first noise and I was getting worried, then I heard her sweet little cry of life!! It really is one of the sweetest sounds ever, hearing your baby cry for the first time. They brought her right to me and she was so perfect. The best thing about babies is all they want to do is be held and cuddled, which I absolutely love!! But, ever since then, Skylar has totally been her own person and so independent. This past year has been great, it truly is my favorite stage they go through. She has learned so much and is such a unique little girl and has her own personality. A personality that makes her her. A unique little person that makes her Skylar. There are some days that she frustrates me to no end, but most days, she is so darn fun to be around. Here are some great pics of her since her last birthday, my she has changed so much. now she enjoys running everywhere, following jaden around, loves her blankie and bisses (her word for binkie), and loves Woody and Buzz Lightyear.
Skylar on her 1st birthday:

last fall at the pumpkin patch:
last December, 16 months old:
Skylar, last January17 months old:
Skylar in the tub, April 2007
In May, with all her bisses'
4th of July, making a funny face
4 comments:
My how she has grown. Wonderful pictures. I also remember the day she was born. The nurse came into the nurses station and said girl, room number (I don't remember that),6:09. She then looked over at us and said "did you hear that?" Kristi and I both said "No". We are such liers, but we did not want her to know that we heard her. (Lu Ann did not hear so we did not tell her, she had to wait for Tad to come out.). Anyway, hope she had a wonderful birthday. Love mom (grandma K)
What fun to look at all of those pictures! Oh my goodness - she has changed so much. I can't believe how she is TALKING! She sounds so grown up.
She is so beautiful ~ Happy Happy Birthday little Skylar Lu!
We love you!!!
xoxoxo
Happy Birthday Skylar!
Thanks for posting all the pictures, oh she is such a cutie! I can't wait to live closer & see them more!
Congrats on your new van!! When do we get to see pics of that?
Love ya,
k
She is an absolute doll! The time does go by too fast!
Post a Comment