Thursday, May 31, 2007

Happy Birthday Kim!!


Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to Kim,
Happy Birthday to you!!

Today is my sister Kim's birthday!! I will not disclose how young she is (6 years older than me:) To celebrate this day, I have compiled a list of 36 things I know about her and love her anyways.
  1. Birth date: May 31, 197? out in Connecticut
  2. AKA- Payton and Baileys mom

  3. She was my matron of honor.
  4. She absolutely adores her children (who doesn't, they are great kids) and loves them beyond words.
  5. Even more, her children adore her.
  6. She is one of my best friends.
  7. She loves her nieces and nephews and is a FABULOUS aunt.
  8. She is a great photographer (check out the link-ak photography).
  9. Loves to paint the walls to create a "new" look. And, new paint smells great.
  10. She has a teaching degree from UNI.
  11. While at UNI, she had a cat named Sammy. It was sooo psycho, it was more commonly know as Sammy Satan.
  12. When she was 20 and I was 14, we were once mistaken for twins when at the beach. I was ecstatic, she wasn't so thrilled.
  13. She is a kid at heart.

  14. She is soft-hearted.
  15. Her favorite color is brown.
  16. She is Jaden and Caels' Godmother.
  17. Her favorite season is fall.
  18. She loves to read.
  19. BIG Harry Potter Fan.
  20. She is like a walking encyclopedia. I don't know how she does it, but she maintains just about everything she reads. If I ever have a question about something, she usually knows the answer.
  21. If I need advice, I know she will be honest with me.
  22. We once talked on the phone for almost 4 hours and it is not unusual for us to talk anywhere from 1-2 hours any given day.
  23. Mt. Dew and Little Debbie's Fudge Rounds are 2 of her favorite indulgences (or at least used to be).
  24. She misses her kids being little.
  25. She has a great sense of humor.
  26. She has instilled good values and morals in her children.
  27. Hates to fly.
  28. Enjoys scrapbooking and is very creative.
  29. She loves spending time with her family.

  30. Did I already say she adores her children?
  31. She values a true friendship.
  32. She is beautiful inside and out .
  33. She is a great mom.
  34. Once at a baseball game, we had a contest on who made a funnier face when we gagged ourselves.
  35. Big Notre Dame football fan and NY Yankees fan.
  36. She is probably crying right now.
There you have it!! I don't know what I would do without you. Have a fabulous birthday! Go out and celebrate your life! We all love ya lots!

5 comments:

Kristi said...

Happy Birthday Kim!!
Love the list Jen- what an awesome idea! I agree, I bet she is crying right now =) Love #34, wish I could have seen that!!

kim said...

Jenni, you are too awesome ~ and this was the sweetest thing. Thank you - for being my sis, and for everything~
and I would TOTALLY be super-excited if we were mistaken for twins on the beach TODAY!!! :) Now THAT would be a birthday gift! :)
HA!
Love you more than you know~
k

Anonymous said...

Great idea, I love the list. To add to it, as a kid she liked Kohlrabi better than cake, volleyball was her favorite sport to play, she drove a car called "the cherry bomg" (sorry about that one), she is an awesome daughter and loved very much. Hope you have a great day. Love mom

Anonymous said...

You are a really good sis! You make me wish I had a sister and I rarely wish for that. Today, I want one :)

Julie said...

Hmmm - 36 things about Kim. I wonder how old she is? :) What a nice tribute. Hope the birthday was happy!