Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Seven Random Things

I have been blog-tagged by my sister Kim to name 7 random things about me. As she stated on her blog, this is subject to change by the day and how I am feeling at the moment. But, here are my 7 random things for today.


1. I LOVE this time of year. The days are getting longer, it is warm out(sometimes nice and hot), you can be outside for hours and hours, the trees/grass are such a bright green, flowers are coming up, and it is just beautiful. Late spring and summer are definitely my favorite times of the year. You very, very rarely hear me complaint about the heat (unless it is 95 degrees and I am 8 months pregnant, then maybe:). I love sitting around our fire pit at night in the summers, just relaxing.

2. 5 places I want to can't wait to take my kids to when they are older for vacation: Disney World, Disney World, Disney World, Disney World, and Disney World. Just kidding, but I am very excited about going there and taking the girls to see Cinderella's castle. Just the other day, Jaden asked me, "Hey mom, can we go to Florida to see Mickey Mouse?" I have never been there. Can't wait. My other real 4 answers: Grand Canyon, Mt. Rushmore, Niagara Falls, and Yellowstone (and possibly Jamaica).

3. I love to go out and have a nice and tasty raspberry margarita on the rocks with salt!! Yum Yum!! With a margarita, you must have salsa and chips!! This also goes along with #1, sitting around the fire with a margarita, also yummy!

4. I would love to have my own Harley someday. Bright red or yellow!!

5. I don't feel grown up and I am wondering at what age do you feel grown up? Maybe I am not ready to grow up. Not sure when I will be. I don't feel my age, I still feel 21, but how can I be 21 and have 3 kids and be at my job for 7 years now?? Doesn't quite add up. Not sure when I will grow up or feel more grown up. That is one of the great things about having kids, it allows you to still be a kid. But, I am only 30, and 30 is the new 20, right?

6. I am a home body. Never used to be, but I guess Tad has rubbed off on me. I love to be at home, doing whatever (preferably NOT cleaning). Playing with the kids, being outside, doing yard work, watching a good movie or having friends over, just love be home.

7. I love a good snuggle from my kids. My girls are snuggle bugs in the morning and then just before bed. I love it. When they get up, they just want to sit on my lap and stare at the TV until they are more awake. Love it. They do the same before bed. Jaden likes us to lay with her and scratch her back and read books. Skylar loves to snuggle up close for one last hug of the day and rests her little head on my shoulder. Cael also loves the snuggles right before bedtime, after he is done having a drink . I have such a hard time putting him down. There are times I miss having a newborn. With all my, kids during the first couple months of their lives, when they would wake up early in the morning to eat, I would feed them and then take them back into bed with me to snuggle (also so I could get more sleep). I would lay on my left side and put them right against my chest. They would just get as close as they could and I remember the way they smelled and I loved listening to them breathe. I loved it and I miss it. Oh, my babies are growing up too fast!

There you go, my 7 random things for Tuesday.

5 comments:

kim said...

awwww....some sweet ones! And I didn't know you wanted your own harley!!!??! Ok - we differ there........and maybe on the summer thing. :) I do like it when the kids are out of school though - that alone has made summer a favorite. :)

Fun reading your 7 things! xoxoxo to the kiddos~
:)love ya~
k

Anonymous said...

My, I had the same idea of summer when I was your age, seldom too hot. That has changed as I got older. As for the Harley--- well, you know how I feel (I guess there Kim is much more like me). So glad you started a blog, I love reading them. Love ya!! Mom

Kristi said...

i like your 7 things! but i strongly disagree with your love of summer =)
love ya,
k

Julie said...

Good job - very sweet.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE ALL OF YOU SEE YOU SOON LOVE DAD