Our family picture at the patch
We finally got out to the pumpkin patch last Sunday and had an absolute blast!! The weather was great- sunny and warm. The kids couldn't wait to get out of the car and get running. We started off with the water ducks. This is a station that the girls would pump the water and the little ducks would swim to the other side. They loved it.
Cael, checking out the tires on the wagon. Such a boy!!
Then, Skylar, Cael, and Daddy went for a little tractor ride. Cael would not take his eyes off the tractor. He just kept on pointing and saying "tractor, tractor, tractor....". He loves them!! Jaden wouldn't go on the tractor ride, a little to timid for that.
Jaden in a Halloween cut-out at the pumpkin farm. I love these things, they make me laugh!! 
Then, we headed down to see and pet the animals. They had cows (sleeping mostly), sheep, goats, donkeys, chickens, ducks, peacocks, and I think they had pigs? Don't quite remember. They liked petting the sheep and goats, very soft.
Jaden and me, coming out of the big black slide. Hold ON!!!
But, I think their favorite thing to do was play in the Cornbox. It was this huge box filled with corn, like a sandbox, but with corn, hence the name Cornbox. The corn in it was about a foot deep and the girls loved it. I got in with them and buried Jaden with the corn. Just jumping
around it it was a lot of fun. Needless to say, we had corn all over us. It was in my
pockets and down our pants. Part of me was waiting to find a mouse in it (or worse, a dead mouse). But, we didn't (thank the Lord).
Another cut out with Tad, Jaden, and Skylar. We couldn't get Cael to hold still long enough for it. And, he wouldn't get off the little green tractor.
The other thing that Cael loved
most was these little tractors. I couldn't him, or his sisters, off them. They are so little and perfect for little kids. Cael would get off it, check out the tires, then get back on. HE LOVED IT!! I need to figure out where to get one of these!! This kid is a tractor freak!!
Skylar playing in the hay barn. Then, of course we did the yearly ritual and got the kids picture taken by the big pumpkin growth chart. They have all grown so big!! Jaden insisted on taking my picture by it also. Look how much I have grown (height, not width)!! Maybe the sign up for adults to stand by that reads "How wide this fall" to see if you have gotten any bigger since the previous year. Not sure how popular that would be!!




And at last, we picked out our Halloween pumpkins. They found the ones they wanted right away, picked them up, and put them in our wagon. Skylar was so funny. Hers was a little heavy for her and she could barely carry it, but she did it herself and wouldn't let anyone help her. She was grunting while she was carrying it!! She is one strong little girl!


Then, our very fun day had to come to an end. The kids didn't want to go, but we had been there for over 3 hours. We climbed in the car, got some drinks and snacks, and then in a matter of minutes, they fell asleep. What a nice quiet ride home after a fun-filled day!! Shhhhhhh.....

3 comments:
Oh my gosh Jen~ what fun pictures!!!! It looks like you guys had a blast! I really love the picture of Tad with the girls in the stand-up/cut-out - OMG!! I laughed out loud - that is funny! It looks like it was a PERFECT fall day.......and the photo of them all falling asleep is priceless. So glad you made it out there..
Miss ya!
k
What a perfect day. Love the pictures. I'm not sure--are you taller this year also??? I can sure tell the kids are. Glad you had such a fun day.
It looks like you all had a super time! What a fun-filled day. Love the pics!
Post a Comment