Friday, October 5, 2007

How do I start this conversation??

Alright, I need some advice. I need to go and ask my neighbor if their dogs are up to date on their shots. Why? Because their DAMN DOG bit me on the ass!! No, I am not lying and I really don't know how to start the conversation. How does this sound: "Just wondering if your dogs have had their yearly shots or if they have rabies? Well, one of them bit me on the ass yesterday and I need to know if I need to get tested for rabies?" How does that sound?? Let me fill you in on the rest of the story.

Today, I was mowing the lawn and we have these 2 psycho dogs that live next door. When we mow, the dogs attack the fence. Yes, they really do attack it, especially when you are pushing the mower up to get as close as you can (so you don't have to weed whip). The dogs will bite the fence and pull at it. I really have never seen any other dogs do this. But, these dogs are stupid and ugly, so you would think by now nothing would surprise me. Well, I was mowing and I turned the mower around and I got my back right up against the fence and all of a sudden I feel a dog bite my ass. F@#King dog!! Man it hurt and I was pissed. So, to get even, I kicked the fence really hard the next time I was by it and got the damn dog right in the face. She didn't come back after that.

So, anyways. I am debating to say anything or not, but I really don't know if these people care enough about these dumb dogs or not to keep the shots up. But, I really don't want to admit that one of them bit me in my fat ass through the fence. It would have been much easier had one of them bit my finger or one of my kids, not that I am wishing that, it just would have made the conversation a bit easier and a bit less awkward.

If anyone has any good ideas on how to start this conversation, please let me know. Oh, did I mention our neighbors are the schools superintendent and the PE teacher? Lovely, huh?? I just hope they don't ask to see the marks for some proof!

Update: finally checked my ass. no bite marks visible, must be bruised because I can feel it when I sit. I think I will be ok.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You do know this could only happen to you right?? Glad you are OK. Sorry you have psycho dogs next door. That would scare me with the kids-- hope they don't ever stick their little fingers through the fence. Love ya

Sarah Brecht said...

Seriously, I nearly fell off the chair with this one! I'm glad the bite is ok, but what a crazy story! That sounds like something that would happen to me :)