As many of you may know, I am a huge chicken shit. Yes, sometimes I talk the big talk, but deep down, I really am a chicken shit. I have always scared easy. A few things happened this weekend to make me realize what a scaredy cat I really am.First off, Friday night. It was midnight and everyone, except me of course, was sound to sleep. I was laying in bed, reading, and finally starting to get tired. Well, then our dog, Mickey, started to bark. She barked, barked, then barked some more. And it wasn't her usual bark, like she heard a cat or a squirrel or some other nightly sound, but a bark like something was up. So, of course I got out of bed to check it out and tell her to quiet down. As I am doing this, I am wondering the entire time what she could be barking at at this time of night? Well, I looked out the back window and she is sitting on the edge of the patio, facing our backyard and barking. So I look around. Nothing. But, she was still barking. So I look again. Did I just see a shadow?? My heart started beating faster. No, I tell myself. I just imagined it. Mickey was still barking, so I looked again. Did I see a shadow or did someone move back there?
Well, I try to reason with myself. Was it real and should I wake up Tad? Call the cops?? Or, is my imagination getting the best of me and there really is no axe murderer in my backyard? Or are my eyes really just that bad that I can't see anymore? So, I looked again. Yep!! This time I am sure I saw someone running in our neighbors yard. I freaked out and ran up to wake up Tad. Of course, he doesn't really doesn't believe me and is barely able to wake up enough to have this conversation with me.
Then, I realized it.
DUH!! It was homecoming week here and we live next to the superintendent. Put the 2 together and what do you get?? T-P-ing!! (toilet papering for those of you who don't remember). So, I got up enough nerve to actually step outside on the deck and sure enough I see 2 teenagers throwing rolls of toilet paper up in their trees. Relief!! It was not a serial killer, just a couple teenagers out in the yard and it is completely dark out. But, my dog knew something was up. That good ol' dog. She got to come inside and sleep that night(to protect me). Then I was up for another hour reading and trying to fall asleep, but couldn't. My mind just kept on wandering and all I could think about was that there were people in my yard. Then my mind skips all around to bad things that can happen (I won't go into detail, I think of some pretty outrages stuff when freaked out at night) and then I think of escape routes and plans to keep me and my kids safe. Extreme yes. But, I had my guard dog laying by the steps. She would keep us safe.

Well, then Saturday night came. Again, it was almost midnight and I am the only one up. And what is on the TV this time of year late at night?? Yes, scary movies. I hate them. Hate Them. HATE THEM!! But, yet, I can't resist them. I forgot to put this on my list of things I dislike about the fall that scary movies are on the entire time around Halloween. Scary movies totally freak me out!!! It was the movie "Saw II". More of a psychological killer movie instead of the jump-out-and-scare-the-shit-out-of-me movie ( aka- Halloween, Friday the 13th, Scream), so I thought I would be able to handle it a bit more. I didn't like the movie 'Saw 1' so what made me think that I could handle part 2?? Not sure, but again, couldn't resist. I did pretty good for watching it all alone, but yet, there were times that I was watching the movie while hiding behind my hands and there were parts that I just had to close my eyes and cover my ears. How old am I again?? 12?? But I still didn't turn the scary movie off!!
WHY DO I DO THIS TO MYSELF????
When the movie was over, I had to re-check the entire house and make sure all my windows and doors were locked (which they were) and then, had to get my guard dog in to protect me again. Good ol' Mickey got to sleep inside 2 days in a row. Lucky dog.
If I continue to scare the shit out of myself like this until Halloween, Mickey just may find herself inside for 30 straight nights. She totally scores when I scare myself!!
7 comments:
Ahhahahaha!! That's hilarious! you are a scaredy. And that's me - the pot you know, calling the kettle black~ ;)
I don't know if i would have been able to even look out the window! :) Good 'ol Mickey - she's awesome.
The worst things for me to watch right now are anything about "hauntings" - ugh! It's awful - same thing....i just can't seem to make myself turn away! And I get the whole "escape route" thing - I have several. Along side 2 phones by the bed. And a bat.
:)
love you! 2 cheers for Mickey! Wish Coco was so helpful........
xoxoxo
AHhhhhhaahahahahaahahahaha!
Can't stop laughing.............
;)
Oh, you crack me up =) I've totally done that to myself & then you think you hear all kinds of noises & you know it's someone in the house... How would you get out? How would you get the kids out? Where are your car keys? How can you get the kids... get to the keys & out of the house before he grabs you!!!! Oh, the horror we put ourselves thru!! How was SAW II?
What a funny story. I know Kristi doesn't like scary movies either - you should have seen her when I made her watch Exorcist on a girls trip to Silverthorne ~ she was such a baby. :)
Jenni-
I'm pretty sure you will agree with me in regards to Julie Mullen's comment-- the Exorcist is a totally different "scary" movie! It deals w/ the devil & is soooo super scary- I hate that movie. I cannot believe Julie talked me into watching it again! I think Julie was also scared- hey, Julie wasn't that the night we stayed up ALL night talking =)
k
Hey, I know just what you mean. I use to think I was brave but-- not when it comes to scary movies. I really like suspense movies, just not the kind with all the blood and gore. Glad you have Mickey. Love ya
Yes, Kristi - that WAS the night we stayed up talking (in bunk beds)
And NO - I wasn't afraid. Ok - maybe a little bit. That Exorcist has always scared me. "The Power of Christ Compels You" ha ha.
Post a Comment