
Goodbye to my beautiful green Explorer. I loved you for so many reasons:
- most of all, you kept me and my family safe, up until your last day with us when I put you in the ditch. I am very sorry, I am sure it hurt. Thank you for protecting me.
- you were our first car that we actually got to go pick out and buy off a car lot (not another hand-me-down car from family)
- I have always loved Ford Explorers and I finally had one of my own
- You brought all my babies home safe from the hospital after they were born (tearing up here)
- we laughed as we filled the back seat up quickly with car seats and how all 3 were packed in there until we bought the minivan
- it went from our cool sporty vehicle to our cool family vehicle
- you took us to some pretty cool places and again, always kept us safe
It was such a good car and I hate to let it go. I will own another Explorer, mark my words. But, until then, I will enjoy my minivan and all the amenities that go with it. I think the thing that really bothers me is we didn't willingly give it away or trade it in. I lost it suddenly in a matter of seconds on the wintery roads. I really thought that it was going to be fixed back up and I would be driving it again. Maybe I was just in denial of it all:)
The other thing that majorly sucks about all this is that now we are looking for a work car for me. It is such a pain in the ass going car shopping.
3 comments:
What a nice tribute to the Explorer - I love it. It really does feel like that, doesn't it? I totally understand - I still miss my van (yes, I fell in love with a mom-mobile - it was love at first sight.) I even remember when i (excitedly) traded the sedan for it~ and suddenly when we were walking away from the sedan, there was this terrible lump in my throat!!?? Even that was bittersweet......
But saying goodbye to the van....and knowing that i brought our separation on myself by cheating with 'Little Red'. Shame on me.....
Little Red is nice.....but he's no White Horse..
You will find another ~ but you will always love the Explorer. Yay that you have pictures of it!
:)Love ya!!
OMG! You two are too funny. I am laughing out loud right now!! I don't think I really get it. Is there anyTHING that I love that much- hummm.... I guess for me my cars have come & gone, yes- I've liked some better than others, but I don't know. Too funny!
It was a great tribute to your Explorer- so sorry they totalled it!
Love ya,
k
Wow, that made me tear up. What great memories you have for that car. I am sure you will miss it. Believe it or not but I missed the Orange panelled truckster!!! Hope all you cars are as good to you as the Explorer was.
Post a Comment