Monday, February 18, 2008

Cabin Fever


Another winter storm this weekend. Another 6 inches of snow. I heard on the news last night that we have had 55" of snow this winter. Crazy. Not just all the snow, but the cold temperatures that go with it have made for a really long cold winter!! I didn't make it in to work today, the road to get to the interstate has been drifting shut all day. So, another nice relaxing day at home with the kidos.

We have started to get a little cabin fever around here. We haven't been up to much. The kids have been fighting colds, but nothing major. I have run out of ideas for the long days indoors and can't wait for warmer temps to get outside. Anybody out there have any new and fresh ideas to do?? I am taking suggestions. We have done it all: play-doh, movies, created a "new" play room in the unfinished basement, painting, baking, bringing out the old toys that have been stored away, hide-n-seek, pretend play... Need new ideas. Until then, here are some pics of the kids just being them.

I love this bottom picture. It is of Skylar hiding during a game of hide-n-seek. Where could she be?? I love that kids think that you can't see them if they can't see you. She sat like that under the blanket for almost 10 minutes and did not make a sound. As I was walking around asking, "Is Skylar behind the couch? Is Skylar in the kitchen? Is Skylar under the desk?" She didn't say anything, but would shake her head no. It was hilarious!!

When we were cleaning out part of our basement to have as a play area, check out this huge spider we uncovered!! This picture does it no justice, that thing was huge!!! No lie, the body of this spider was about the size of a nickel, maybe close to quarter-sized!! Thankfully I am not scared of spiders, but even this one gave me the chills and it really grossed me out to smash it, it was fat!! We get huge spiders in this house.

4 comments:

kim said...

I love the one of them dancing in their diapers/underwear - too cute!

And the one of Skylar hiding ~ that is adorable!!!
Have you played "magic rocks" yet? I think that game was born one long winter day at our house! :)

Eeewwwww - icky spider! We get those, too ~ blech!

xoxoxo!

Kristi said...

Yes, cabin fever is here at our house too. Spring will be here soon. Love the pictures of the kids- they are too cute. They love to dance!
WOW- big spider- YUCK!!

Sarah Brecht said...

ADORABLE... and HOLY HELL! I am not afraid of spiders really, but I do not like them... and if that guy shows up at my house, Roger will be burying me!

Mike Schrock said...

Love the page, Benesh family! I wish I could have been at the birthday bash, looked like loads of fun. It's great to keep up with the "happenings" around your household. We all lead busy lives and sometimes it's hard to keep in touch.