This year, I am really trying to teach Jaden that Christmas is not all about getting gifts and wanting more and more toys. I am trying to teach her that Christmas is also about giving to others and also about giving to those who do are not as fortunate as she is. So, this year when it was just Jaden and I out, I had her pick out gifts to give to Skylar and Cael. At first, she was looking at presents to give Skylar that she would also benefit from. It took me a while to convince her that she needed to pick something out that she thought would make Skylar happy and that she really wanted to give her. For a 4 year old, I think she did pretty good (she picked out to give her her own Cinderella princess polly since that was the one princess of hers that Skylar always wants. However, she is excited about all the dresses she will be able to borrow for her other princess polly's). We will continue to work on it.

Today, the girls finished up painting their crafts they are giving to some family members (for those of you who see this, act surprised when you open it). They did a great job and Jaden is very excited about giving all her painted crafts away. She is very proud of herself. She not only painted them all my herself, she also wrapped them and filled out the gift tags to.

She really is growing up right before my eyes.
It is freezing outside, but how do I freeze time?
1 comment:
How fun to have them make presents. I am sure only the really LUCKY people will get thier home made ones. Enjoy the season. Love ya.
Post a Comment