Friday, December 21, 2007

Happy First Day of Winter??

Alright, it is now officially winter, but it has felt like it now for quite some time. Winter is definitely my least favorite season, but there are a few things I do enjoy about the winter time:

  • Obviously, the holidays and everything that goes with it
  • I do like snow
  • Making snowmen
  • Going sledding
  • Drinking hot cocoa
  • Snuggling under a blanket with the kids or Tad
  • The trees are beautiful with the branches full of snow
  • Baking cookies
  • Eating homemade soup
  • Skiing
  • Wearing sweaters
  • Laying in front of a fire (I know we don't have a fireplace anymore, but we did and we will again someday)

All right, that is all I can come up with, if the list were things I didn't like about winter, it would be much much longer!! But, I do have to state my biggest hang-ups with winter would be:

  • all the layers required to put on the kids just to go to the store
  • the sub-freezing temperatures. Temperatures should not be allowed to go below 30 degrees

So, happy winter to everyone and I hope everyone is staying warm and enjoying the winter season. Just a few more months until spring, I am starting to count the days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice list, I agree with all of them. I think the thing I hate most is ICE...can't walk on it, can't drive on it, and it sometimes takes out the electricity so it is cold in the house. I love the holidays but, as soon as they are over I am ready for Spring.