
Last night we took the kids to see the Vinton Lights. For those of you unfamiliar with this, it is a huge Christmas display of lights and decorations done by the Kershner family just outside of Vinton. There was a sign up in the display that this was the 43rd year for it. WOW!!! It is such an awesome display and amazing how big it is. The great thing about it is that Tad and I both remember going as kids and how much we loved it!! I love being able to pass this tradition along and do it with my kids. It is still as magical to me as it always was!! This was the year that it was truly magical for them, it was all brand new to them and exciting (we had taken Jaden when she was 2, but she didn't remember it). Here they are all smashed on Tads lap to look out the window. It really was a great time to go, lots of snow and not too cold.

The best part was watching the kids reactions to the display and I wish you could have seen their faces. Their eyes were open wide in awe. At first they were fairly quiet, then Jaden and Skylar started pointing different displays out to one another. Then, of course, Cael had to get his opinion in and yell out. Jaden wanted to get out of the car and go up to them. We went by it 3 times it was so great!

It was a fantastic Christmas-y thing to do and got me in the Christmas mood just that much more. Seeing the happiness on the kids face was priceless and realizing that this is what Christmas is all about, being with the ones we love and just appreciating and loving these special moments together. I can't wait to take them again next year.
--The top picture is of my favorite display. The one where Santa comes out of the chimney. I remember watching it when I was a kid, and just loving it. I still do!! The kids thought it was pretty cool. We watched that display an extra long time.
3 comments:
Oh Jen, how awesome. It brings back a lot of memories of taking you girls when you were little. We would go by 3 times, then you all would beg for "Just one more time, please". So good to hear it still holds its MAGIC.
Love the Vinton Lights!! That is awesome that you all went - I bet the kids were mesmerized~
Love the pic of them all looking out the window. It is amazing how long that family has been doing that display~ and so fun to share it with the kids.
That santa is P & B's favorite, too!
:) Hoping to go tonight~
Looks & sounds awesome. What a neat memory for you kids to have later.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
Post a Comment