Monday, November 26, 2007

Out of Commission!

I am so sorry to everyone as it has been awhile since my last blog, many of you know why and understand, the other ones are just asking, "Where are all of Jenni's boring blogs?". As I have stated, I have been out of commission for a bit and a lot has happened. This is actually my first time at the computer in a week. Let me catch you all up to speed.


Two weekends ago, me and the kids all had the stomach flu (YUCK!!) so I was a bit busy being sick myself and doing loads and loads of laundry. Thank goodness that is over and I am praying we are done with the flu for the year. Thought we were in the clear, but not so.




To make a long story short (because I am a bit tired tonight), last Wednesday I ended up in the ER with extreme abdominal pain and not knowing what the heck was going on. (And, after arguing with Tad and my sister Kristi that I was fine and did not need to go to the hospital). Well, after 12+ hours of being in pain, I finally went in. After more hours of pain and finally some morphine (good stuff!!!), the pain was better and what did they find?? My gallbladder had stopped working. Not such great news. So, yes I ended up in surgery that night to have my gallbladder removed. I had surgery at about 8 that night and stayed overnight. Thankfully, the doctor came in the next day and said I was doing great and got to go home. Great news. I guess the doctor had done 4 emergency gallbladder surgerys the night before (I was the 3rd), he must have been running a Thanksgiving special on them. Glad I got in when I did! YEAH!! Isn't this picture great, just a little info for y'all!


Tad and the girls came and got me Thanksgiving afternoon, after I had missed a yummy meal at my in-laws, and it was so good to see them and to be heading home. Jaden, being the worry wort she is was very worried about me and very sad that I wasn't home on Wednesday night. Bless her heart, I wonder where she gets that? So now I am off work until I see the doctor later this week and I am assuming he will clear me to go back next week. The hard part about all of this is I am on a 15 lb lifting weight limit. Yeah right- I have 3 young kids, and the younger 2 still like to be carried around and my youngest one still needs picked up to get out of his crib and into his booster chair. We are adjusting. But, I am recovering great, just a little tenderness in my stomach and I get tired a little more easily than normal. I do have to admit, I did enjoy (just a little) a little R&R while I was waiting for Tad to pick me up- I got to lay in bed, watch what I wanted on the TV, and I got to sleep whenever I wanted. It was a bit nice, I would go to say a touch of vacation with just one less organ along. It felt good to get some sleep and relax, but again, it was good to get back home with the kids and hubby.




Then on Saturday, we headed down to my moms for Thanksgiving dinner with my family. It was so delicious, what I could eat anyways. My mom is a wonderful cook!!It was also great to spend time with my sisters and their families and listen to all the kids run around and enjoy playing with each other. Christmas is going to be chaos!!

--The other great thing about Saturday?? It was my wonderful Mom's Birthday!! Not just any birthday, the big 59+1 birthday!! Happy Birthday MOM!!!!! You are such a wonderful mother. I know I usually do a list for people on their birthdays and I haven't forgotten you, I am getting around to it (this is my first day back on the computer). Your list is coming!! So, Happy Birthday to my wonderful mother!!!!!


Then on Sunday, we relaxed at home. The kids helped us get the Christmas tree up and decorated and it looks wonderful. The great thing about having a Christmas tree up with young kids is the tree looks different everyday since the ornaments get rotated on a daily basis!!! The kids had a great time putting the ornaments on the tree and Jaden loved getting all her special ornaments out and looking at them. Skylar loved the lights twinkling and hanging the ornaments up; and Cael?? I don't think he quite knew what was going on. He would take an ornament from me and would just throw it on the tree, it was hilarious!! They had a great time. Here are some pics of the great day.
Jaden couldn't wait to put the angel on top-The final product!!! It has a lot of twinkle lights and lots of great ornaments!! The kids did a great job!!
Well, that is our life this past week in a nutshell. I am tired and must get to bed. I will try and blog more. We will be busy here getting ready for the holidays and doing all the fun stuff the holidays bring!!! I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I know I did and I have a lot to be thankful for- my kids, my hubby, my family, my in-law family, my health, my kids health, and just thankful for everything we have.
Life is good. Be thankful for what you have and remember that each day is a gift. Always tell your loved ones how you feel, that you love them and hold on tight to those that you hold most precious. I know I will.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The tree looks great, I bet the kids had a great time. Glad to hear you are feeling better, just don't over do!!! Love ya

Kristi said...

thanks for the guts picture, who knw where the heck the gall bladder is! hope you are feeling better & your dr appt went well today.
looks like the kiddos had a great time decorating the tree & it looks great!
love ya,
k

Sarah Brecht said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah Brecht said...

I love your blog, it is not even close to being boring! I am glad you are all right, I was waiting for you to announce another pregnancy, ha! The tree is great we just did ours today. It was a lot of fun with Christmas movies and music. Just what I always wanted. Hope you are healing well!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better! Take it easy and enjoy the rest of the holiday season!! Cole and I will be thinking about you guys and love seeing pics of the family. love ya!

kim said...

that gallbladder picture makes me laugh. I am glad that you are feeling better -
How can something so small make you feel so terrible!!???

Tree looks GREAT!! I bet the kids love it~ Jaden did a great job with the angel~

xoxoxo
k