Once we got there, we found Jaden in the very comforting arms of her wonderful Aunt Kim. Jaden had had some X-rays done and we were waiting for the results. Kim said that the techs said they were taking pictures of her and she smiled in every one. She was feeling really sick and she still managed to smile for the picture!! I wish I could have seen it. By this time, she had lost her voice. Once the doctor had reviewed the X-rays and checked her out, it was concluded she had acute croup and pneumonia!! I was very surprised to hear that she had pneumonia and was this sick. Thank God she was taken to the ER, or she would have gotten really sick over the weekend. After a shot for Jaden and some anti-biotics, we finally headed back home. She slept great and barely moved throughout the night. She really needed that.
A huge THANK YOU goes out to my sister Kim for caring so much for Jaden and getting her the care she needed and comforting her until we got there. You are the best and I can always count on you to take great care of my kids. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
By Saturday morning, Jaden was feeling much better and was on the mend. Thank goodness the other 2 were still feeling ok. So....... we headed out for Galena again!
We had a fabulous time!! The wedding and reception were at this cute little church and old barn-like reception area that was fabulous!! It was a very simple wedding and reception with just family and close friends.
A big Congrats to Brandon and Monica, you are such wonderful friends and we love ya!

And as always, it was great hanging with my great friends Jaime and Suni and all my other great friends that made the trip!!
On Sunday, we had to get up at the crack of dawn (just 6:30, but it felt much earlier since we didn't go to bed until 3 AM) to get back to CR for Tad's nephews' baptism. I don't have any pictures since I missed the entire baptism. I was in the back with Skylar and Cael and Skylar thought this would be the perfect time for a temper tantrum. She has great timing! Afterwards, we headed to their house for some yummy brunch to celebrate Levi's big day.
Congrats to Trent, Bonnie, and Levi on their special day.
3 comments:
Awww....Jen, you are too sweet. There is nothing I wouldn't do for that little girl, ya know. I'm so glad she is feeling better. There was never a happier little girl in the universe than she when you and Tad got to the hospital ~ she completely lit up. And dare I say........we had about as much fun as two girls can in an ER! (with one of them under the weather, anyway) :) The "pictures" were priceless - wish I had real camera! She was so sweet........
Beautiful wedding!!!! Brandon: Congrats! What a good looking couple!
And speaking of hot mamas - great photo of you, Jamie and Suni!! :)
Glad you had fun~
Congrats Levi, Trent and Bonnie!!!
xoxoxo
k
So glad that your weekend got better. Your kids were great while you were gone --Jaden was quieter than normal, wanted to cuddle more, but she was very good and helpful. I enjoyed my day with them. Love ya.
Hey Jenna-
I'm glad to hear Jaden is feeling better- what a scare! Also, very glad you got to have at least one night away. Hopefully, soon you can have a weekend away- you deserve it!!
Congrats Brandon! & Congrats Levi!
Love ya,
k
Post a Comment