
Today is the official first day of summer and the longest day of the year. I love this day!! Even though it has been summer in our house for many weeks, I love the sights around our house that indicate that summer is here:
- catching lightning bugs
- sitting around the fire pit
- getting in the pools
- having water fights
- windows and doors wide open letting the fresh air in (and lower energy bills, always good:)
- riding bikes
- going for evening walks or bike rides
- fresh cut grass
- grilling out
- shorts and tank top season
- ice cream treats
- fresh fruit
- tan lines
- the kids in their cute swimsuits
- relaxing in the hammock
- cocktails on the deck
- less TV (always good)
- drinking more Koolaid
- the kids running around the yard into the late evenings, enjoying every last minute of daylight
- motorcycle rides


4 comments:
Oh - I love your list!! This is too funny ~ I just posted something similar, then popped over to check you out and you already did the same thing!!!! Gee - good thing we don't think alike or anything~ hee hee!
Love your list and it looks like the kids are loving summer!! Too cute~
xoxoxo!
k
I forgot about bike rides! you're right - love a good bike ride~
:)
Great list, funny that you and Kim posted your lists on the same day. Love the pictures of the kids, looks like they are enjoying being outside. Love ya, mom
Looks like a lot of fun! I just love summer. YAY!!!!
Post a Comment