Thursday, June 10, 2010

May recap

It is already June!! I am loving it and spending lots of time outside with the kids and enjoying this nice warm weather. To me, this is the most wonderful time of the year-it is warm and the days are very very long!!! May flew by for me, as it always does. It was a busy, yet fun May for us, here is a quick recap!

CAEL MEETS BIG BUD!!

Tad took Cael up to Independence to see this HUGE tractor!! It is on display at Heartland Acres through July. Cael was in heaven!! I don't remember all the specifics of the tractor, but it is one big-ass tractor!!

Here, you can see Cael is sitting in the wheel! Tad said this thing was just HUGE!

After seeing Big Bud, they went through the machine shed there and looked at all the John Deere's through the years. Let me tell ya, this kid Loves his John Deere (says the red tractors are junk:). A little Dad and son bonding time was great and they sounded like they had a great time.


All I Want for Christmas is my 2 Front Teeth

The other tooth FINALLY came out!! OK, she finally let her Dad pull it a week later, it was just hanging there!!
She looks so cute toothless!


My Best Friends Wedding

On May 15Th, my best friend Beth (roommate from UNI) got married to Jim Waterman. It was an absolute beautiful day and we had such a good time. We are very happy for them!

me and the beautiful bride

Tad and Jaden dancing the night away!

Beth, Jim and Will

My beautiful kids all decked out!! They looked so great. They couldn't wait for Beth's wedding so they could dance and the girls were sooooooo excited to wear their new dresses!! They were such cute dresses! It was a very fun night, lots of dancing and lots of laughter!! Cael was a little under the weather, but he hung in there like a champ!


Jaden's Field Trip

Jaden finished up her kindergarten school year. I can't believe that little girl is going to be in 1st grade next year! Time is flying.
The last week of school I got to go on her field trip to an Alpaca farm. It was pretty interesting and all the kids like seeing the animals.

Here she is petting one of the alpacas

Fun in the Sun

Needless to saying, we are enjoying the outdoors very much. We have gotten the sprinkler out many times and the kids are loving the sun and so am I!!


playing games on the deck

Poison Ivy

I can't believe I am posting me looking like this. Lets just say, the month ended on a bit of a sour not for me. I got poison ivy over Memorial Day weekend. Not just did I get poison ivy, I got it on my face!!! It was HELL!!!! The thing of it is, I am not even sure where I got it. On the Friday of Memorial Day, I had taken the kids to a splash pad and then we also went to another park in the evening to listen to some live music. Here I was, taking my kids out to have lots of fun and this is what happens.

I woke up with my eyes swollen just a little Saturday morning.
Sunday morning, I looked like Rocky Balboa after he lost to Apollo. Seriously, IT WAS BAD!! I sat in the bathroom and just cried. I did go to the doctor (it was horrible having to leave the house like this) and got on some medication. And believe me, I didn't find any humor in any of this.

This is me Monday morning:

SMILE?
The only reason I took a picture is because I was supposed to go to work this day. No way in hell was I showing up for work looking like this!! My boss said to take a picture so she could see how bad it was- yes, then she continued to laugh at me. It got better as the week went on and I still have some here and there on my arms and legs. But at least it is off my face and yes, my humor came back and I was able to laugh at myself finally.

2 comments:

mom said...

Oh Jen, I am so sorry you had to go through that. I really looks painful. Glad you got your humor back as the swelling went down.
Love ya, mom

mom said...

What a recap of the month. Cael looks soooo little in the wheel of that tractor. I bet he was in heaven...Cael and tractors, it doesn't get any better than that for him.
Wedding pics are great, the kids look wonderful. Love the dresses.
Love the toothless smile on miss Jaden, she looks very proud of her missing teeth.
Love ya, mom