It is 12:27 AM as I write this post. I am wide away, so is my dog.
It is storming outside. I hate storms. I have heard loud cracks of thunder and seen lots of lightning thru the windows. And I can hear the gusts of wind.
I really really don't like storms, especially in the middle of the night. I can't sleep until it calms down. And Tad?? He can sleep through anything. As for my beloved pooch Mickey, she is just like me, pacing around the house (even though she isn't supposed to leave the kitchen) every time she hears the thunder clap. She is so gun shy, wouldn't be a great hunting dog. She gets this way with fireworks also, this time of year is just hell on her.
This is something we have in common, storms cause us both anxiety. Not going to get much sleep tonight. Ugh. The dog just headed downstairs. She is such a chicken:) What am I afraid of?? This....

If I could be guaranteed that all that would happen is this would take me to Oz, it would be fine, but pretty sure it wouldn't. I know it is a little ridiculous, I have lived in Iowa my entire life, tornado's are a way of life. Doesn't mean I have to like it (doesn't freak me out nearly as bad as an earthquake or hurricane would, I guess I will picked the lesser of the evils).
I should be doing something productive since everyone is sleeping and I am obviously not. Instead, I am sitting at the computer, then I am going to go and finish reading my book. I only have 100 pages left, pretty sure I will finish it tonight with the way this storm is going.
Going to need lots of caffeine tomorrow:o)
Goodnight all.
2 comments:
I bet you haven't gotten much sleep this past week, seems like it is raining all the time. I really don't like storms but I love to sleep when it is raining. The rain hitting the window and the low rumble of thunder just puts me to sleep..(as long as it doesn't get too loud).
At least you have Mickey to keep you company and you two can have some bonding time!!!
Love ya, mom
I bet you haven't gotten much sleep this past week, seems like it is raining all the time. I really don't like storms but I love to sleep when it is raining. The rain hitting the window and the low rumble of thunder just puts me to sleep..(as long as it doesn't get too loud).
At least you have Mickey to keep you company and you two can have some bonding time!!!
Love ya, mom
Post a Comment