Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I need to write it down somewhere....

Conversation between me and Cael as I was putting him to bed last Sunday:

FYI- we had been talking about the movie 'The Little Rascals" at dinner that night. My kids think that movie is hilarious (the one from the 1090's). I agree with them:)
Cael had decided he wanted to be Buckwheat.


Cael: "Mom, I don't think I want to be Buttwheat (aka Buckwheat)."

Me: "That's ok buddy, you don't have to be Buckwheat if you don't want to."

Cael: "I want you to be Buttwheat Mom and I want to be Spanky. Spanky is funny! Is that ok?"

Me: "That would be wonderful. I would love to be Buckwheat."

Cael: "I am not sure if Buttwheat is a boy or girl?"

Me: "Buckwheat is a boy, even though he has long hair.

Cael: "Oh. Ok. Goodnight Buttwheat."

Me: "Goodnight Spanky"

My kids are constantly pretending they are other people or things. If we watch a movie, they all get to be a character. If we are at a park, they all pretend to 'be' a playground piece of equipment. If we are reading a book, they are all someone or something in the book. Not sure if this is normal or not.

But what is normal??? Pretty sure it is NOT us:)

Normal is not fun:)

1 comment:

mom said...

Cute conversation... I guess I will have to call you Buckwheat and Spanky for a while.
Perfectly normal, I think all kids pretend to be someone or something else. How fun.
love ya, mom.