By my 3 year old.
OOPS!
With Jadens room still torn apart, the girls are still sharing a room. It really isn't going so bad, but I am so ready to have them back in their own rooms. At night, they like to stay up and chit-chat and giggle. Well, the other night, Jaden comes up the steps and says, "Mom, Skylar said God-Dang It". "She did, huh?"
Me: "Skylar, did you say God Dang It?
Skylar (not looking at me): "Yes"
Me: "Where did you hear that at?"
Skylar: "I don't know"
Me: "Skylar, who did you hear say that word?"
Skylar: "Mommy"
OOPS. Busted.
I felt about 2 feet tall.
Me: "Well, Skylar. That is not a nice word for Mommy to say and I am sorry. I won't say it again if you don't. Deal?"
Skylar: "OK."
So, I then come up the steps and asked Tad, "Do I say God-Dang It?" I am not sure if that comes from me or not. He informs me that yes, I do say it. I take it as the truth and think about it. I do say it. I am not proud of it. I try really really really hard to not take the Lords name in vain and I know it is wrong. I don't swear around the kids. When frustrated or something goes wrong, "Drat" is usually what I say. Yet, I realize that I say it when I am at my wits end, when I have been pushed beyond the brink, when we are running late and the kids won't put their coats and shoes on and insist on making more laps around the table, and when I think I just may physically harm my child. (I don't do it. Don't go calling DHS on me). Yes, that Brink.
That is what comes out of my mouth. It could be worse. I could be using the sh** word, or the F word, or worse, MF. It could be worse, but it could be a much better word, or nothing at all.
This brought me back to a funny story of when Jaden was just about 3. She was sitting on the floor, trying to put her shoes on when all of a sudden, she throws the shoe and yells "Damn It!". Of course, I asked her where she heard that word and she informs me "Papa". Of course, her Papa (Tads Dad) denied it. Yet, it only took 10 minutes until I heard "Damn It" come out of Papas mouth. OOPS to Papa on that one.
But, this time, Me, the Mom got busted. Thank you to Skylar for scolding me for it. I am really going to try and change my wording. If my kids would just quit pushing me to that brink, it wouldn't happen ever again. But, I can't blame them, it is my fault.
OOPS!

1 comment:
I ran into that problem with the phrase "I don't care!" which is not really bad, but guess I said it when they were doing something and they said they did't want to to do something maybe time out? and I said, "I don't care!"
Then I heard them both screaming "I don't care!" to each other and me at random times and decided I had to find a new phrase because it sounded like I didn't care... I know oxymoron I'm sure :)
Post a Comment