Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Its PINK!

After 5 weeks, we were finally able to move the girls back into their own bedrooms last week. Jaden is very happy about having her room back, and Skylar is also enjoying having her own space back. Lets just pray we don't have anymore problems with that bathroom down there. While everything was torn up, we decided to paint Jadens room. What better time to do it? Half the trim was off and the carpet was up! Worked for us. Jaden picked out 2 shades of pink to do her room in. It had been a pastel pink and pastel green since she was 2 (which was very cute), but I agreed that it was time for her to have a little say in what colors her walls were. We were able to compromise on the colors and it really does look great. I wasn't so sure at first. When we headed out to get paint, she was wanting her walls orange and red and I wasn't sure how we were going to be able to compromise. As we were checking out the colors, she picked out this bright pink that she just loved, and then we worked together to get another shade of pink to go with it.

Yes, we could have painted all of it bright pink (which would have been a little much), but just ask Tad, I can't make anything easy when it comes to painting. I am weird, I love to paint.


But first, here are the girls goofing on the ladder while I was painting.





And, all done! It is very pink, but it really is a pretty little girls room. She loves it!!





Now, I need to repaint Skylars room purple, and we will be all done. She loves the color purple! (Tad won't let me paint it now, but just give me a few months;)

5 comments:

Kristi said...

Looks great!!
Jaden: Pink is my signature color. My colors are raspbery & ?? (sorry, I don't remember the name of the other pink!)
Jenny: her colors are pink & pink It's just like the scene from Steel Magnolias =)
Well, just remember if you are in the mood to paint, just let me know- I have a couple of painting projects for our home & I don't like to paint. Sure wish I did!
By May Skylar's room will be painted =)

jenni said...

kristi-

you are right, it ain't no "blush and bashful". It is Pink and Pink. I thought of that when I was painting it!!

jen

Anonymous said...

love the pink and pink. It is a very Jaden room....she is bright also. Love ya, mom

Anonymous said...

I love the colors Jen- you did a great job. Jaime

Sarah Brecht said...

I love it and am so stinking jealous of the pink! I guess I'll just have to keep all the pink to myself :) Just got your gift in the mail, thank you so much! That was so nice of you :)