Here is our December in a nutshell:
We took the kids to see the Vinton lights, a tradition and both Tad and I did as kids and are now doing with our kids. They always enjoy it. Of course, we had to drive by it 3 times for them. Lots of fun.

Got our holiday gifts painted.
I am trying to teach the kids that Christmas is not all about receiving gifts, it is also about giving gifts so the past few years, I have had the kids paint some very simple crafts to give to our closest relatives. It isn't a lot, but the girls, and now also Cael, enjoy picking out a craft, painting it, wrapping it, and they get very excited to give them away. It is good for them to learn to give to others and to put a little work into it.
We also decorated our gingerbread house. Cael got to help out this year for a bit, then he lost interest. The girls finished up and did a great job. I think a lot of frosting and candy was ate while the decorating was in progress. 
We decorated Santa cookies. Skylar really got into doing the decorating this year and made sure we got all the cookies frosted. Yummy!! Santa sure ate them all up!
1 comment:
You're such a good Mommy! Everyone looks so happy. I miss checking up on your blog. I agree with the going, going, going. Only 4 weeks left until our baby Charlie arrives. I'm ready, but scared! It's just been a while since no sleep. We'll see each other again one day :)
Post a Comment