This is my little blondie boy Cael on a typical summer day at home. No shoes, no shirt, new buzzed haircut!!Anyways, sorry about the lack of posts this month, but we have been a bit busy and we have been enjoying the wonderful weather. It is finally not raining here, which is such a good thing for our rivers have finally gone down and the floods are hopefully a thing of the past. Unfortunately, we know of many people that have been displaced because of the horrible flooding. Now, we are in the clean-up stages and that is going to take some time. Downtown Cedar Rapids is a mess and looks like one big landfill when you drive down 1st Ave. Absolutely devastating. Last Friday night I drove through Cedar Rapids on I-380. Things have definitely changed. It was 10:00 at night and as I drove, the downtown area was so dark and the (little) skyline that we have was not what it was, the lights were all off and the bridges were dark. All you could see for blocks and blocks was blackness and the outline of trees. It was both very eerie and very sad, it was a reality check that it will take a while to get to the way things were.
On a much happier note, it is now officially summer!!! Yeah!! I absolutely love summer, it is my favorite!! With the warm weather, we have been spending much more time outside and playing in the sprinkler/pool when we can. Summer brings such great things: backyard fires, BBQing, catching lightning bugs, going for walks after dinner, tan lines, and many more. These months are going to go fast, I am going to enjoy them all I can! The beginning of summer also brought an end to our spring activities. Cael and Skylar's Kindermusik classes wrapped up for a few months. Skylar still asks about it. And, Jaden finished up her first semester of gymnastics, which she just loved!!! I could have a future Mary Lou Retten on my hands!!

We will resume these activities again in the fall, but for now, we are going to make the best of summer and these nice long days!!
No comments:
Post a Comment