
We finally have the downstairs bathroom finished!! It only took us 2 1/2 years to get there. For those of you who don't know, when we moved into this house December 2005, we were told by the previous owners that there was no water problems at all.

Well, it is good to say it is finally all done!! The girls and I are very happy with the final results. Yes, the walls are a sherbet orange (very fun!) and we put a duck theme in there, which Jaden actually picked out almost 2 years ago now. But, it looks very cute and the girls love having their own bathroom now. And, it got some of their stuff out of our bathroom, which is always a plus!!
BULL S**T!!
The day we were moving in, the carpet in what is now Jadens room was all wet in one corner, where the wall backs up to the bathroom. After some investigation and lots of frustration from Tad and his dad, we came to find out that the upstairs bathroom sink was leaking down the pipe and getting Jadens carpet wet. The previous owners had a bed over where the carpet was wet so we had no idea that there was any problem (we should have sued their ass). So, to make a long story short, we gutted the bathroom and Tad and his dad redid all the plumbing between the bathrooms. Believe me, lots of @%*$@#% words were used!!
Well, with it being the lower level bathroom, there was no hurry to get it done. At that time, Jaden was only 2 1/2 and just getting potty trained and we had 2 other bathrooms to use. Well, days turned to months, and months then turned into years until we finally got it done. I actually painted this bathroom when I was still pregnant with Cael and Tad put the tile in that following winter.

Well, it is good to say it is finally all done!! The girls and I are very happy with the final results. Yes, the walls are a sherbet orange (very fun!) and we put a duck theme in there, which Jaden actually picked out almost 2 years ago now. But, it looks very cute and the girls love having their own bathroom now. And, it got some of their stuff out of our bathroom, which is always a plus!!
I am very happy it is done, I can put up all my babies naked baby pictures from when they were 6 months old!! Love these pictures, but I know it is only a matter of time before they become embarrassing and I have to hide them. Until then, they are out for anyone to check out!!
6 comments:
It looks great! We need to arrange a visit!
Looks great! You have a good eye for interior design. I think the pictures of the kids was the perfect touch.
Wow, love the bathroom. So glad you have it finished, can't wait to see it. I bet the girls are very excited to have it so close to their bedrooms.
Yay!!! Your bathroom looks so great!! Bet the kids love it~
there is something so cheerful about duckies! ;)
Love their pictures, too~
xoxoxo!
Good job on the bathroom. Looks great from the photos. You are so funny!
I feel your pain, or should I say Tad and Pat's pain on redoing the bathroom! We just finished ours.....it only took about 2.5 years as well! Tell Tad, nice work!
rog
Post a Comment