Yes, I know I am a few days late on this, but it fell on Caels birthday and just didn't get done. I really can't believe that fall is here already. I like this time of year, it is not my favorite (that would be summer), but I do enjoy it. I love living in a place that has such a change in seasons and fall is a great time of year. Here is a list of things that I love about fall: - cool nights, warm days
- wearing sweatshirts
- having the windows open and no heat/air on
- going to the pumpkin patch
- going to an apple orchard (going to start that tradition this year with the kids hopefully)
- watching the leaves change colors
- jumping in the piles of leaves
- Halloween!!
- Halloween is a great excuse for buying/having candy around my house
- taking the kids trick or treating
- going to a Halloween party and getting to dress up as something other than yourself for 1 night of the year
- Indian summer
- usually I am on maternity leave, at least I have been 3 out of the last 4 years
- fall decor
- football games and tailgating
- no swimsuits for 8 more months
- love pumpkin scented candles
- carving pumpkins with the kids
- making pumpkin bars
- new TV shows- my favorite show is Brothers & Sisters
- UNI craft show
- motorcycle rides along the river
Things I don't enjoy about this time of year:
- knowing winter is right around the corner
- days getting shorter
- temps dipping down to the 30's
- knowing I should start my Christmas shopping, but never do. Maybe I will this year?
- racking and racking and racking up the leaves, our back yard gets completely covered wit leaves.
Enjoy the fall and all the fun things to do this time of year. I am hoping to get to an apple orchard here soon to grab up some apples to make apple pie with the girls. Yummy!
5 comments:
I love the fall. The leaves are great and there is a special fall smell in the air. I also don't like the idea of winter coming so I hope we have a really long fall!! Enjoy all the wonderful days of fall before we all have to be shut up in our houses for the winter. Love ya and love your list. Mom
Super-love fall!! Love your list, too! :)
Nothing says fall like the smells - fires, baking, apples, pumpkins.....mmmmmmmm
xoxoxo to all!
k
I forgot to mention that your Pooh quote on the side of your page is one of my very favorite quotes in the whole world. :) Made me smile......
love ya!
Aren't you ready for another maternity leave? I love fall, too! I can't wait to take the kids to the pumpkin patch. We have an awesome apple orchard here if you guys want to come up!
kim- i love that Pooh quote also. very sweet!
Post a Comment