Sunday, September 16, 2007

The girls 4 year & 2 year pictures

I took the girls to get their yearly pictures taken last week, Jaden's 4 year and Skylar's 2 year. They did a great job. I have noticed over the last couple years that they are very different when getting their picture taken. Jaden is very photogenic and always smiles on her own and just goes with the flow. Always has. But with Skylar, you put her in front of the camera at the studio and she just looks at you and then stares at the floor. She takes longer to warm up and she is much harder to get to smile. Very different personalities. But they both look beautiful and I am very blessed to have 2 beautiful daughters.


Sorry I haven't been blogging as much. I have been trying to figure out how to load a video of the kids and I can't get it and then I get frustrated and give up and nothing gets blogged. But, we really haven't been up to much around here. The weather is much much cooler, which I am not ready for at all. I like the fall weather, but I have a hard time not thinking about the weather that is to come. We are having many discussions here on what we are going to be for Halloween and Jaden changes her mind everyday and I would really like to get the costumes ordered soon. Skylar doesn't have much of an opinion yet on what to be. Just waiting on Jaden to make up her mind. It could be a while. We have been enjoying getting outside. Cael is not used to wearing shirts again, much less long sleeved ones and also long pants. That poor boys legs are so short he is constantly tripping on them. I really need to get out and get that boy some clothes before I have to dig into the pink hand-me-downs of his sisters, which I am sure would not fly with his daddy (or his Papa)!!

I do have to confess, this week I have been dreading for quite some time. My baby boy Cael will turn 1 on the 23rd (don't worry, there will be many pictures to see coming up). I am having a hard time with him turning 1 and I am NOT ready for it. It really makes me want to cry just thinking about how fast he has grown up and what a wild year we have had here. I guess I just can't believe his birthday is coming up. Where does the time go?? I read a quote the other day that went something like this:

"when your kids are young, the days may be long, but the years are short".

It is so true!! There are days here that seem like they are 40 hours long, the kids are at each other all day, lots of crying, and I just do what I have to do to get by. But, along with those days you have the days that are wonderful, full of laughter and the kids play together great. Put all those days together and where do they go? It really doesn't make sense. I so much enjoy having little kids and I am not ready to let them grow up. On Jaden's birthday, I was teasing her that she was going to turn back to 2, not go on to 4. Of course, she just argued with me and finally she said, "Mom, I will never be 2 again. I will never be 1 again and I will never be a baby. I am 4 years old and then next time I will be 5. OK?" All right all right, I hear ya. This was my last fall (ever!) that I will not be sending one or any of my kids to school and Jaden will start next fall. I have a feeling this year is going to go fast. Maybe I will be ready send her off in a year. Maybe. Maybe not. Only time will tell.

Anyways, I will get off my soapbox. Thanks for listening. Hope you enjoyed the pictures.

5 comments:

The Stinsons said...

I love the pics!! Your girls are definitely beautiful. You know, if you really miss having a baby around maybe it's time for another one!! :) Miss you! Suni

Sarah Brecht said...

You are the greatest Mommy and even though the years will go by, you have all these great blog entries to remember every step that you took. The pictures are darling! Thank you for sharing your precious gifts.

kim said...

Super cute!! I really love Jaden's hair. :) Sometimes I think the girls look alike - and other times they look so different from one another. Adorable pix. ;)

I can't believe Cael will be one. That really does seem impossible. I know what you mean about the school thing. I still don't like it. They will always remember the amazing mom that you are, though - and they take that with them wherever they go - and so do you. :)

xoxoxo to all~
k

Julie said...

Cute photos! Very PRECIOUS! I know what you mean about them growing up too fast. Cherish all the moments. You are so lucky to have 3 wonderful kids. :)

Anonymous said...

Absolutely love the pictures. The girls are so photogenic and looking so grown up. I can't believe Cael is going to be one. What a cutie he is, and growing so fast. it really doesn't seem like he was a baby very long at all. I also can't believe Jaden will be going off to school in a year...you will hate that, giving her up to the outside world a little at a time and you never get that innoscence back ( I still hate it.) Enjoy this year before you have to slowly start letting go. Love ya mom