Wow!! Today is my baby boys 1st birthday. As I looked back at pictures from the day he was born, it really is amazing how much babies grow and change in the first year and Cael is no exception. It has been a great year and he has been such a fun and great baby and it has been amazing watching him grow this year. I still can't believe he is already 1. Here are some fun facts about my baby boy Cael William and pictures of him throughout the year:
- Born September 23rd, 2007 at 1:37 pm
- Born during the 3rd quarter of the Iowa/Illinois game

- weighed 9 pounds and 12 ounces and measured 20" long (surely must be a B boy, Tad and his brothers all weighed over 9 pounds)
- I remember when he came out, the nurses wagering what he was going to weigh in at and I thought they were joking when they were saying almost 10 pounds

- never felt like a baby baby to me, he has always big for his age
- started crawling at 6 1/2 months

- 1st word was Da Da in April
- is bound to be a Hawkeye fan
- first smiled October 27th, 2006
- first tooth- Feb. 15th
- now has 8 teeth
- likes to eat and is very inpatient when he has to wait for food (he gets that from his dad and Papa)
- likes to drink out of a sippy cup and steals his sisters cups and drinks their drinks
- loves to be outside

- hates having his diaper changed and getting dressed
- loves bath time

- hates wearing a shirt, probably because he barely wore one all summer
- is a Daddy's Boy
- is the blondest boy I have ever seen (just as blond as my nephew Payton)
- is very happy and loves to play with cars and trucks and trains

- loves anything loud-tractors, lawn mowers, trucks, motorcycles
- can scream like a girl (wonder where he learned that?)
- still lets me cuddle him before he falls asleep

- mastered how to get down the stairs by 11 months and hasn't fallen down them yet
- unfortunately, gets pushed down and hit by Skylar, but I am sure he will get revenge someday
- thinks his sisters are the funniest people in the world!!


He really is amazing and has had an amazing year. I I love you Bubs. Happy 1st Birthday!
3 comments:
Happy birthday Bubs!! Can't believe it has been a whole year. I remember how shocked we all were at how big he was. Love the pics. and the fun facts. Hope he had a great Birthday. Love ya
Such cute photos - he's adorable! Happy birthday Cael.
Seriously, he's not even related to me and you had my eyes watering! You are such a great mama and Bubs is very fortunate to have such a great family! Your blog is just terrific! I'm really glad you made me do it!
Post a Comment