
To end the summer, we took full advantage of Labor Day weekend. (Yes, I know I am a little behind with the post, but better late than never).
To start the weekend off, Tad and I took off our Mom & Dad hats and traded them in for some Harley Davidson bandannas and headed out to Milwaukee, Wisconsin with his parents on 2 wheels to enjoy the Harley-Davidson 105Th Anniversary Rally. Lots and lots of fun!! We left on Thursday morning and got back on Saturday. I was a bit nervous about traveling by motorcycle that far away from my kids, but after saying many, many prayers, we came back alive and nothing happened. I made sure my will was in place, just prepared for the worst (yes, I can be very pessimistic at times).
On a much brighter note, that Thursday evening we headed out to Miller Park where the Brewers play (awesome stadium) and got to see Kid Rock in concert. Prior to all this, I was not a big Kid Rock fan. I really thought of him as white-trash and kinda ugly, and I really didn't care for much of his music. All that changed. I bought his new CD and I really love it!! Anyways, he put on one hell of a show!! He played for almost 2 hours. It was a great concert. 
That Friday, we headed to downtown Milwaukee to enjoy the festivities they had going on. Lots of bikes everywhere!! CRAZY!! Seriously, we saw hundreds and hundreds of motorcycles. It was fun checking them out. We got to relax a little my Lake Michigan and then got to listen to ZZ Top and Black Crowes that evening. Both very good bands. Lots of fun and lots of live music. My kind of weekend. 

We headed back on Saturday to make it home for Jaden's birthday that next day. On the way back we took our time and made frequent stops to enjoy the ride and the weather that much more. And, because all of our ass's hurt so bad! It really was nice getting away for a few days to relax and not have to worry about the kids or yelling at them. A HUGE thank you to my mom for taking some time off work and coming and watching my 3 kiddos for 3 days. I think everyone enjoyed it.
The rest of the weekend we had some family time and enjoyed every last bit of summer that we could soak up. We had a couple bomb fires and roasted marshmallows,
and we got the pools out one last time and the kids had a blast!! It had been a while since we had them out and they played in them most the day. Especially Skylar, she almost started growing fins!! And Cael loved it too. He has come a long way this summer. At the beginning of the summer, he was not so hot about the pools, but this time, he loved it!! 


This is him finally getting out at the end of the day, apparently the shorts were just too much to wear! Good thing our backyard is pretty private!!
Goodbye Summer. It was way to short and not hot enough for me. Here's hoping for a nice long and warm Autumn.
2 comments:
Wow, what a busy weekend. Looks like the kids had a really good time after you got back. It was fun staying with them, they were very good. hope they enjoyed that as much as I did. Love mom
Great pix! Cael's little bare bottom makes me giggle........
Looks like a perfect weekend :)
xoxoxo
Post a Comment