
Today is Jaden's 1st day of preschool. She picked out her Barbie backpack and Tinkerbell lunch box and couldn't wait to use them. She was very excited to go. That is until we started getting in the car and then the tears started. Poor little thing is so soft hearted and gets anxiety with starting new things. She even had me a little teary eyed when I dropped her off in her room (I made sure she didn't see). I know she is going to like spending the day with her friends and doing "big girl" activities.
Another step in life. Another step further away from me. UGH.
Today has been quiet around the house. Just having 2 kids here is much more quiet than I am used to. It has been a long day for me too. I am ready to go and pick her up, just 1 more hour.
3 comments:
I cannot believe she's in school already!! You're a tough mommy to have held back your tears. I hope she had a great time.
Oh my gosh!!! Wow! She looks so grown-up!!! I really hope she had an awesome day at school, and that she meets lots of new friends.
I know what you mean about the tears - isn't that the toughest thing in the world ~ to smile and reassure them how great it is going to be, when inside all you want to do is wrap them in your arms and take them home. Bittersweet........but what a proud moment to see her growing and learning so much.
Good luck and lots of love, Jaden!! You will be awesome in pre-school~
xoxoxo!
Oh how I remember those days, it never really gets easier. You have to let go a little bit at every milestone, so hard to do. I hope she had an awesome day. Love, mom
Post a Comment