This excites him a lot!!
Me, not so much.
He is only 11 and is 1/2" taller than me now.
After he passed Grandma K (my mom), I was the next in line to get passed, as you guessed it, I am the next shortest. How can this be??
After it was confirmed that yes, he was now taller than me (we had been measuring against one another for 6 months, waiting for this moment), he looked me straight in the eye, giggled, and said "Hey Shorty" (Kim, I think you have the pic of us standing back to back).
Good thing I love that kid so much or I would have kicked him in the knee to knock him down a an inch. At least I can still beat him in wrestling- for now anyways. Next in line for him to pass is his mom!! He is going to love that!
It sucks being so stinkin' short?!
*New addition: Here is that picture of me and Payton, the moment that it was confirmed that yes indeed, he is taller than me.
2 comments:
Awww..... Jen - that is so sweet!! Thank you - for the post. It does my heart good to know that I'm not the only one saddened a little by how fast he is growing up.{sniff}
I remember when he was born - it seemed so far away before he would be this big! I think the last ones he will pass will be Kristi and then Dad ~ (Stand tall guys!) ;)
I'll be sunk by Christmas at this rate.
Love ya Aunt Shorty!!
xoxoxo
I love that picture of you two.
You look like you could be his sister, though - not at all like you are 20 years older than him.
you're both so cute! :)
xoxoxo
Post a Comment