Friday, April 18, 2008

Is it finally spring???

Is there some kind of study out there that compares the cleanliness of your kitchen with how fun your day was and the dirtier the kitchen, the more fun you had??


Well, we had the most fun EVER on Wednesday then! I am comparing this because as I was cleaning my kitchen Wednesday night, it was a disaster!! Having been outside all day I hadn't cleaned up after any meal and had nothing picked up. And there was sand and dirt on the floor that kept on sticking to the bottom of my feet (gross I know), this from the numerous times Jaden ran in and out changing her clothes (she couldn't wait to put shorts on). And there were still crumbs on the counter from the muffins we had made that morning. And I had had to take the lunch plates off so we could eat dinner.

Now, those of you that know me know that I am by no means a clean freak, but even my kitchen was driving me nuts!! But the reality was, we were outside ALL DAY on Wednesday having so much fun, and the kids couldn't get enough of it. The acted like it was torture to come in and eat lunch, so they inhaled it to run back outside! I had planned to have a picnic outside, but it was way to windy. They rode their bikes up and down the driveway time after time, we went for a bike ride, played in the creek and found a crawdad, found a worm in the mud, played on the swings, gave the dog a bath, found a caterpillar (what wildlife, I know), neighborhood girls came over and played, grilled some steaks, and even went for a after dinner walk that night.

Perfect day for us!!! Looking forward to many more warm days ahead!!! Now all I need is a maid.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a perfect spring day. Love the pics of the kids playing and down by your "river". Love ya. mom

Jaime said...

They sure are enjoying spring! I know what you mean- all you need is a maid. I don't know how I am going to get it done either, wanting to be outside till dark now. Don't worry about the house work, that will always be there. Kids grow up way too fast- not to enjoy every minute you have with them.