Friday, April 18, 2008

Earthquakes in Iowa??

Apparently there was a earthquake in southern Illinois early this morning and we were able to feel some of the aftershocks throughout the Midwest.

But, that was at 4:30 this morning. I had a few people ask me if I felt it. Not even slightly. I was sound to sleep and it would take an atomic bomb going off outside my window to wake me at that hour. However, Jaden did come up and crawl in bed with me sometime, but not sure what time. There was another around 10:00. Didn't feel that one either.
But, what is up with having earthquakes here in Iowa? I am perfectly happy to let all the people out in California enjoy them. That is one of the main reasons I wouldn't want to live out west. That and I don't enjoy smog and I am not fluent enough in Spanish. However, the beaches would be nice! Anyways, back to the subject. Tornadoes I can live with, at least they are predictable. But earthquakes?? Not too keen on that idea.
How much is it to add earthquake coverage on insurance?? Probably not worth it.

Did anyone feel it??

2 comments:

Mike, Heather, Dylanne and Micheala Schrock said...

Dylanne felt the earthquake and came into our room at 4:30ish. She was a little scared and this is something that she typically doesn't do. Heather and I both think that she may have felt it. Us, we slept right through it.

tw said...

Didn't feel a thing at our place. They said ont he radio this morning that there was another aftershock that measured 4.x