Congratulations Cael!
On May 15th, my little boy graduated from Preschool.
Not sure how because in my mind he is still 2, not 5 1/2.
In my mind he is still wearing diapers.
In my mind, he still has training wheels on his bike.
In my mind, he is still a chubby little toddler that melts my heart everyday.
In my mind, he is still my little Bubs.
In my mind we still have years left until he is going to school.
I haven't figured out how I am going to tell my mind, or my heart, that I have only 3 months left of this sweet little boy home with me.
Man, this hurts...
Here is my handsome little fella ready for his program
He was so excited. His class did a play called "A Storm in Mother Goose Land". It was so incredibly cute!! They acted out many of the Mother Goose plays and added a little twist to them. The kids did such a great job!
| Cael on stage in his cap |
Cael was very fortunate to get to go to school with his best buddy and cousin Levi this year. The boys are only 11 months apart in age, so they got to enjoy going to school and being in the same class just one year. Next year, Levi will return to his school. Too bad, they had a lot of fun together this year.
![]() |
| My boy in his preschool graduation cap. He looks so big! |
![]() |
| Family Photo with the Preschool Grad |
![]() |
| Caels Cake!! Looks Yummy.. |
It is not that it didn't break my hear when my girls went to K, it has nothing to do with them being girls and Cael being my only boy, although he is still my little boy. It has to do with that all my kids will be in school. I have devoted my last 9 years to my kids at home. I have only worked part time the last 9 years so that my days off, I got to spend them with my little ones at home. Now on my days off, I will be at home. alone. by myself. with no pittar-patter of little feet. with no little ones asking me to play a game. with no little ones crawling up on the couch for a snuggle or to read a book. It is not like we will not do these things anymore, but not during the day when everyone else is at work, and it is just us at home. I am dreading August 15th. Absolutely dreading it, I am going to be lost without my little buddies with me. As I have said so many times, I just wish time would slow down a bit and that I could freeze time just for a little while while my kids are still young. I love the ages they are, they are so much fun and are truly amazing kids, so while I can, I am going to soak up every minute I have with them.
Happy Summer to us:)



1 comment:
take off as many days this summer as you can and do all the things you guys have on your "bucket list". Mom
Post a Comment