On September 23rd, this little boy turned 4, so very hard to believe. Not sure where the time went or how it went so fast, but this no-so-little boy in now 4 already!! What a fabulous and rambunctious boy he is!! Cael was born on a beautiful Saturday afternoon, during an Iowa football game against Illinois (I think, or maybe it was Indiana). Watching in on the TV, waiting for him to arrive. He arrived a day early, which was good because he was HUGE!! 9 lbs 12 oz and all boy!! He may have been a newborn, but he looked like a 3-month old right away!! I remember that day like it was not so long ago. As always, I am hoping time will slow down, but it never does.

Caels Thomas the Train Cake
I took the day off work and Cael and I got to spend the entire day together, just the 2 of us, which never happens. He slept in a little and after we took his sisters to school, we were able to play a couple card games, play trucks, and played a little kickball outside. It was a warm day, which was good since Cael doesn't like to wear a shirt. Then, we went up and had lunch with Jaden and Skylar and he got to run around recess with them and play. He thought that was pretty cool. Then we came home and played some more trucks and outside.

After a very long wait for everyone to get home (very tough for him to wait all day), he finally got to open up his presents- McQueen computer, big tanker 18 wheeler, more Cars cars, books, new pjs and Carhart sweatshirt, and an Cars Monster Truck Ice Cream Truck!! He loved it! This boy loves Lightning McQueen and all the characters, what boy doesn't?
How do I know this boy is mine, since he doesn't look like me at all? He wanted his favorite dinner for his birthday- meatloaf and mashed potato's and baked beans, my favorite also! This is the kids favorite thing about their birthdays, they get to pick what we eat and they get to eat in on the big red You Are Special Today plate!!
Happy Birthday Bubs!
Thanks for a wonderful day, it was perfect. Just Cael and me:)
1 comment:
Happy Happy Birthday Cael!!
Wow - I totally can't believe he is 4! He is getting to be such a big boy - and you're right.... ALL BOY.
I love it :)
Hope he had an awesome day (sure looks like he did!).
xoxoxo!
Post a Comment