She was very excited to get glasses and couldn't wait to pick them up. She got to pick them out, in case you can't see it, the side of the glasses are pink with purple stars, they are absolutely adorable! And, Jaden was sad she didn't get to get glasses that day.
I told Skylar that all the cool chicks wear glasses!!
This is just one more thing that makes us look even more alike!
We are 2 of a kind:)
My thoughts: I am a bit sad that she had to get them so early in life. I knew that one of my children would get my horrible eyesight, I just knew it was inevitable. But, I was thinking that they would get glasses at 10 or 11, I never thought they would get them at 5. I just hope that her eyes don't get as bad as mine are, I really am blind as a bat. The thing that makes me sad is I know how bad it sucks to wake up and not be able to see 2 feet in front of you. I know what an inconvenience it can be to wear glasses/contacts. I already worry about her losing them; I worry about her breaking them; I wonder how many trips are we going to make to the eye doctors in the years to come; I worry about her being frustrated with them for whatever reason; mostly, I worry about a mean boy in her class making fun of her someday because of them and her confidence and self esteem being blown all to hell because of this and there will be nothing I can do or say to make it better. That is what I worry about. And, I pray she has more confidence that her mother did to make it through it if it does happen (and then her mother will track that mean boy down and kick his a**!)
Don't get me wrong, I show my excitement with her and she looks beautiful, but it is unfortunate. It is easy now and great now, but I worry for these times to come. I will just bask in this moment of happiness she is in. The great thing is, that it is no big deal and this is totally fixable. I had to remind myself there are a whole lot worse things in life that could be going on and to count my blessings. (I did).
Also, they make such fabulous glasses these days, she will always look great!
It must have been the glasses that helped Skylar finally figure out how to hoola-hoop!! She keeps on stealing Jadens hoop and hoola-ing in the living room. She looks so cute, I love the way she holds up her hands when she does it, she says it helps! She also has on her favorite smiley shirt and star jeans. She would wear this outfit everyday if she could!
2 comments:
Awww..... Jen! She looks adorable! :)
I know you aren't terribly happy about this - and I understand that. BUT - you are right - they make some super-cute glasses anymore. She will always be stylish and beautiful...... ALWAYS. :)
Tell her I love them - and I can't wait to see them in person!
xoxoxo
She looks adorable. I am so glad she is excited and hope all of your fears for her are completely unfounded. Can't wait to see her with her NEW LOOK.
Love ya, mom
Post a Comment