Thursday, August 26, 2010

1st Day of 1st Grade

Goodbye Summer. We will miss you. Thank you for all the sunshine this year. We had a blast!!

Hello New School Year. We are excited you are here. We are Ready to Learn and have Fun!

My girl Jaden started her 1st day of 1st grade last week. 1st Grade!!! Can you believe it?? I can't. She was pretty excited that day. We had open house the night before and she was a bit nervous to find out who was in her class this year. Once she found out her 2 best friends were in there, life was better.

I wasn't ready for school and Jaden really wasn't either, at least that is what she said. She said that she likes school, but what she doesn't like about school is having to get up early, no more swimming, and no more summer.

She just might be her mother's daughter after all.
Either that, or she heard ME say it enough.
We really did enjoy our summer and we were not ready for school, but once she got into the swing of things and realized what fun school is, she is glad to be back. Says she is liking 1st grade and it is not that hard. yet.

Still can't believe she is in 1st grade.
She will have soooo much fun.

However, I do miss having her at home with me.
Pretty sure I always will.

While she was away at school, I just couldn't stay home-the house was way to quiet, so I took my other 2 rug-rats to the splash pad. Always a fun place to go and cool off and run.
They had fun, as always. Love watching them splash around in the summer sun.

We had the girls back to school physicals last week. Both healthy as horses, which we are very thankful for. As of now, my big girl Jaden is at the 25% for both height and weight. She is such a petite little peanut, always has been. The doctor is projecting her to be 5'2" someday. A little on the little side. I say perfect size for a setter for volleyball, or libero (my dream:).

As for Skylar, she is just at the 50% for both height and weight. Doctors are projecting her to be 5'4" someday. Again, not real big, but perfect for back row digger or libero :) (again, my dream). She is just built a little more muscular and stocky-a bit like her mother:)
(I have a confession, I hope to God my girls play volleyball, I will support them in all they do, but it really is my dream to watch them play volleyball someday. Oh I hope I hope I hope! Time will tell).

As for this monster?? I will fill you in after his appointment.
I have a feeling he is going to be much bigger than anyone else in the family. But, there is a softness to him also.

2 comments:

mom said...

Cute pics. I don't know where the summer went...way too fast.
Just so you know you are right, you will always miss having her, or any of them, at home. Seems like only last year I was sending you off to your first day of 1st grade (I guess I must really be getting old).
Love ya, mom

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jaden! I hope First Grade is off to a great start. :) You look so cute in your first day of school pic.
I can't believe summer is over already - from the pool pics it looks like you guys had a great time. I love that one of Skylar - adorable! :)

It is hard to let them go to school. Their first steps away...... and you know the steps only get bigger and bigger. Bittersweet to say the least. But you will always have their hearts. ~ Always...

With good-bye to summer comes hello to Fall ~ fire-pits, BBQ, apple orchards and pumpkin patches..... Some fun memories in the making to share with them every season. ;)

Have a great holiday weekend!

xoxoxo