Sunday, August 8, 2010

I'm 5!!!



On August 8Th, my baby girl turned 5!!! Very hard to believe!! She was so excited for her birthday and it turned out to be a good one!!

I can't believe she is a 'whole hand' old. 5 Years already?? Where has the time gone?? I remember her being born like it was yesterday.

We started the day just hanging out and then she just couldn't wait any longer to open presents, so we did that in the morning. Her favorite gift?? A scooter!! She was so excited for it and loves to ride it around!!

After lunch, her choice of pancakes-spelled out in Skylar of course- and scrambled eggs,

we headed to Cherry Hill pool for an afternoon of swimming, it was so hot so it was a perfect place to be!! She loves the pool!!

She practiced swimming because she said that 'now I am 5, I can swim!' (we still need some practice). After swimming for almost 4 hours, we came home and had some yummy cake!!


It was such a wonderful day.
Skylar said "This was the best birthday ever".
It sure was sweetie!!

Below is one of my absolute favorite pictures ever!!
Here is Tad holding baby girl Skylar shortly after she was born.
It is amazing how such a little being can bring a grown man to tears:)
Any man can be a father, it takes a special man to be a Daddy... they are lucky to have him as theirs.

"It's a girl....a little beauty, an angel, and I'm madly in love with her..."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh My Goodness!!! Look at her ;)

How is she 5?! Love the pancakes - those are awesome! She is just glowing - you can tell she had a great day.
And that pic of Tad makes me tear up... it does seem like it was just yesterday.

Happy Birthday Skylar Lou!!!!!
We love you -

xoxoxo