Hard to believe, but all my kids are in school.
No more all day daycare.
No more buddies with me doing my errands on my days off.
No more excuses to do nothing but play games and chill with my kids on my days off.
The day I had been dreading since they were born arrived and I was not prepared.
Jaden headed off to 3rd grade, Skylar is in 1st, and my little buddy started kindergarden.
They were pretty excited to get back and see their friends. But, Cael didn't want to go. He wanted to stay home with me. It broke my heart and I wanted to keep him home and safe with me so very bad, but I knew I couldn't. As we stood outside waiting to go in, Cael was fighting tears, which of course, I was fighting tears also and that just made it all the harder.
The first day of Kindergarden is so hard. You have no idea what to expect. New teachers, new friends, new schedules, new everything. How scary!! Cael is such a tenderhearted little guy and he struggled.
With our friends on the first day of school.
After I dropped them off, it was one of the longest days ever!! I didn't know what to do with myself and the house was so quiet. I got a lot of cleaning done and tried to keep busy, but I couldn't wait for 3:30 to come so I could go and get them. When I picked them up, Cael came running out of the school so fast and ran right to me and into my arms and gave me the biggest hug!! It was just what I needed as I think the day was hard on the both of us.




No comments:
Post a Comment