Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Summers End MEGA Post


I'm sorry.
I'm sooo sorry.
Not sure if anyone reads this anymore, but for the 1 or 2 people that still do, I apologize for the big delay.
Yes, we have been busy.
Yes, we are having fun.
And, when I would go to blog, I wouldn't know where to start since I had left out so much.

So, this is my Summers End Mega Post. I am going to cram in as much as I can and show you lots of pictures of what we did. We had a great summer! No wait, we had a FABULOUS summer, the only thing that was wrong with it was it was too short. Many of you may say it was too hot, but not for those of us who live in our house, we love the heat, we love the sunshine, and we love the long hot summer days!! What better excuse does one need to go to the pool?? Here is a quick low down of how our summer days were spent... hope you'll enjoy:)

Our June was spent watching Jaden play her first year of T-Ball. She had a great time and learned a lot about the game. Tad was fortunate and got to help coach. With 2o-some girls out, many dads were needed for this! While we didn't come home with a trophy, we definitely enjoyed playing/watching ball this year!!

On June 19th, we celebrated Tads Mom & Dad's 35th Wedding Anniversary!! We had the family over for a low-key celebration. As the family grows and grows, so does the love and laughter. I look to them as a great example of how to have a happy marriage, happy kids, and happy family.

Happy 35th Gramma and Papa!!


The second week in July found Tad and I up north canoeing with our closest friends. It is one of my favorite weekends of the summer and I look forward to it every year. I love all these people so much and have so much fun with them. Lots of drinks, lots of laughs, lots of swimming, and great music! We had a blast and we are already looking forward to next year!!



Mid-July found us in Wisconsin taking the kids for their first camping trip. We went to JellyStone in Bagley, WI and we had a cabin for 2 nights (in hindsight, we should have stayed longer). This is the same place that Tad would go when he was a kid with his family, so lots of memories there. Since it was the kids first camping experience, we didn't want to push it and all be in one tent. The cabin was cozy, but it was perfect for us. Low and behold when we got there, we realized we had air conditioning, which surprised us, and we would come to be very thankful for it as it was very muggy and we got some storms one night.



The kids loved it!!! All weekend long, we rode pedal bikes, went swimming, played mini-golf, grilled out, and just enjoyed each other with no cell phones and no TV's, it was AWESOME!! I have a feeling we will be staying much longer next year, the kids didn't want to leave and cried when our van pulled out of the park. I felt bad, yet understood because I wanted to stay longer also.

The last weekend in July we had our little towns Pickle Day Celebration. Saturday morning found us all at the park bright and early for the 5K run. This was the first year that both Tad and I ran it, and Skylar did the 1-mile kids run. It was a hot morning, but we made it without passing out and no pulled muscles.

The kids also got to ride in the parade with their Papa B in their old car Lizzy. Tads parents busted their butts this summer to get this car fixed up for the parade. This car was Lu's (Tads mom) parents and she remembers going for Sunday drives in them when she was a little girl. We can't help but think of Grandma Betty when in it and all the wonderful memories. The kids named the car Lizzy, just like in the movie Cars:)

Our last 'vacation' found us at our annual Adventureland trip for 2011. The kids love this place and have noooo idea how much better amusement parks are out there, so we will enjoy our little ol' Adventureland for as long as we can. This year was really fun as all kids were tall enough to do all the rides, which includes the roller coasters!! They loved them, no more kiddie rides for this family. Spent 2 days there, closed the park down both days.

Here we all are on the Tornado!!

Waiting in line for the Falling Star.... one of their favorites:)

And, I finally got my wish, an old family picture done at Adventureland. Now, I know this is not a big wish, but I have wanted one of these done for years, but the minute we walk in the gate, the kids immediately want to start riding rides and have no patience to sit for a picture. Well, this year I finally convinced them it would be fun, and it really was!! The girls loved the dresses and Cael thought it was cool to get to hold a gun and dress up like a cowboy. I love it!!!!!

I could have posted many more pictures of all the "little" things we did, lots of parks and lots and lots of swimming. We all definitely perfected the bronzed tan this year. I love swimming and I believe I have passed this passion down to my kids (works for me!)

I will post a few more to update and then I hope to do a better job of keeping up:)

Until next time......

1 comment:

mom said...

Wow what a summer. I have not checked your blog for ages. glad to see you updated it. love all the pics.
Luv ya, mom