Just when I was accepting to the fact that Cael would be going to kindergarten in pull-ups, the kid FINALLY got it. He was a potty training nightmare from Hell.
When they say boys are harder, I don't think this is what they meant!!
He was sooooo bad, anyone who has talked to me in the last 3 months have heard my struggles.
He got the peeing down quick, the week of his birthday (which was last September).
But the pooping issue was a whole other deal.
We tried everything and I mean everything, the kid just didn't care if he had poopy pants or not. He finally got it went we went to the water park. He couldn't go down to the pool until he pooped in the potty. Apparently this is what it took.
It has been 2 weeks with no accidents and he is going on his own.
Life is so much better.
For the first time in 6 1/2 years, I don't have to buy diapers, pull-ups, or wipes when I go to Target. Very weird.
Another milestone in the road of parenting.
2 comments:
Good Job Cael!!!!!!! I wish I could say the same thing about buying pull-ups. Hadley still wears one to bed at night.
Congrats to Cael!!!!! What a big deal for him...and you. Yea, no more diapers.
Love ya, mom
Post a Comment