The kids fell in love with it right away. I scrambled around, trying to figure out what we were going to feed the cat and where it was going to sleep. The first night, it got some tuna and milk and was satisfied. Of course, the kids wanted it in the house all the time, but I just couldn't. Tad and I are both allergic to cats and so is Jaden, even though she doesn't want to admit to it. I had cats growing up inside and outside the house and it never bothered me. Then, I went off to college and when I would come home, the cat allergies started to get worse and worse. I do love cats, but we can't have one. We let it in for an hour here and there.
So then the kids were wondering if we could keep it and have it be an outside cat. I wish. But, where we live, the highway runs right alongside our house and I would have hated for it to get hit by a car. And the other reason, we have 2 mean killer dogs next door that will kill anything that comes into their yard, I wasn't going to chance it with that. (let me clarify-anything besides humans).
It was so hard to tell the kids NO, but we had to. But until we found a loving home, we were able to be foster parents to the little cute thing for 4 days. The kids named it Cutie Kitty and it really was the sweetest cat.


It was so hard to tell the kids NO, but we had to. But until we found a loving home, we were able to be foster parents to the little cute thing for 4 days. The kids named it Cutie Kitty and it really was the sweetest cat.Luckily, friends of our that live out in the country were looking for a cat and they claimed it right up. We know it is in a loving home now and we can visit it whenever we want. Jaden took saying good-bye to the cat the hardest, tears were shed. I really do feel bad, I wish so much that we could have kept it, but we are going to have to stick with dogs.
So we had to say good-bye to Cutie Kitty, but not before we gave it lots of love and took plenty of pictures of it.
1 comment:
Cute kitty. Looks like the kids really liked her, sorry you can't keep her.
Love ya,
Post a Comment