Tuesday, July 21, 2009

4th of July

We had a wet 4th of July this year, but we didn't let that dampen our spirits (at least not too much anyways). We still did all of our traditions that we always have, this time we just had umbrellas with us and sweatshirts on. We went to the annual 4th of July parade and it still drew a big crowd!! Tad, Cael, and Skylar sat under an umbrella the entire time while Jaden and I scampered for the candy, which we still have a ton left:) Unfortunately due to the rain, I didn't take as many pictures of the kids.

In the afternoon, we hung out at home and relaxed together, then headed to some friends for a pool party. Not a great day for a pool party, but the kids still got in the pool and enjoyed themselves and got to run with their friends. Tad and I were also able to sit back and relax with friends and enjoy some BBQ and drinks.

Thankfully by the evening, the skies had finally cleared away and we were able to head out for the fireworks. What is a 4th of July without fireworks?? I don't get it. I love them!! We met Tads brothers at the fireworks and were able to chillax some while the kids played with sparklers. When the big show began, the kids really were in awe!! Cael still plugs his ears the entire time, but I am convinced that someday he will no longer do that!



God Bless America and lets thank God that we are fortunate to live in the land of the free!

2 comments:

kim said...

It was a pretty wet day - glad it didn't dampen anyones spirits in your family! :) Sounds and looks like a great time. Glad you got some pix.....how fun - the sparklers are awesome~
We were pretty lame - I didn't even get the camera out all day. Next time. ;)

Happy 4th Beneshes!

xoxoxo
k

mom said...

great pics of the kids. You take the best 4th of July pics every year. Glad you had a great day.
Love ya, mom