Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Olympics '08

GO TEAM USA!!!


How amazing would it be to stand on the podium at the Olympics, with a gold medal around your neck, and listen to the National Anthem?? I am sure words can't describe it (obviously I will never know, I am not exactly in tip-top shape). But, I get teared up just watching it!! I am absolutely lovin' the Olympics and I looked so forward to them being on this summer. The summer Olympics are my favorite and I so much enjoy them: the volleyball, sand volleyball, gymnastics, swimming, diving, track (esp. the hurdles) and Tad loves the wrestling!!


It is so amazing to watch these incredible individuals compete at that level!! I am very sleep deprived because I have been staying up late to enjoy them and every morning I am tired as hell and I tell myself that I am going to go to bed early and not watch, but to no avail, I am up late again watching the action!!


I remember 4 years ago, Tad and I were watching the Olympics with Jaden, who was crawling/running around us at the tender age of 10-11 months and we had the conversation that 'won't it be weird that when the Summer Olympics are on again, it will be the year 2008 and Jaden will be turning 5 and she will probably have a little sister or brother in the house also'.


I really remembering thinking that it 4 years seemed so far away and I wondered what our life would be like in 4 years, and now here we are, 4 years later. It has gone by so fast. I wonder what our life will be like in another 4 years. Wait, in 4 years I will be sending Cael off to kindergarten?! OMG!! That is only 4 short years away and all my kids will be in school full time?! I hope it goes slow.


Anyways, I hope everyone else is enjoying the Olympics as much as I am.. Go USA!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't even start talking about Cael going to school, I am having enough trouble accepting that Jaden is going this year, she still seems so small. Time needs to slow down, all my wonderful grandkids are growing up tooooooo fast.

Julie said...

OMG - I know what you mean about the Olympics. I have bags under my eyes from lack of sleep! :)