
Its officially unofficially summer!! Yeah!!! Finally!! Have I lost you yet?? With last weekend being Memorial Day, that to me officially starts the summer season, even though officially it doesn't start for another few weeks!! For me, 'it's the most wonderful time of the year'!! I can't believe that June is just a few days away, why didn't the icy month of February go this fast???
Alright, I will get off my cheesiness, but it feels so good to be summer. I know I haven't blogged for a few weeks, but to be quite honest, not a lot has been going on here, yet our days have gone by fast and we have been busy?? How is that?? The kids, and us too, have enjoyed being outside more and more. Many nights, we are not getting the kids inside until 8:30, so by the time we do bedtime, stories, and then clean up the house, it is 10:00 and I am tired and not feeling like getting on the computer. Like right now, I should be in bed, chillaxin'!! (that is our favorite word around here, hope you get it. If not, take chillin' and relaxin' and put them together and you get chillaxin'!)
Anyways, we really haven't been up to much. I took the kids to a park last week, one they had never been too. They loved it!! They keep on asking me when we can go back to the "new park". Little do they know that it was the same park that I went to growing up, it has just gotten a nice new face lift!! For those of you nearby, take your kids to Wakema Park in CP, they will have a great time! It is going to be our 'thing' this summer to see how many different parks we can hit. Sounds like fun!


We had a nice relaxing Memorial Weekend. Got an evening out for some drinks and adult conversation, which is always nice and had some good laughs!! Later in the weekend, the girls were excited that I finally got some flowers to plant and add some color to our landscape, can't wait to see how long it takes me to kill them. Jaden and Skylar got their own little pots to put flowers in and take care of this summer. Jaden is loving it. Then, some friends came over and we let all the kids run and run and run, they were exhausted. Here are the kids out today. It was pretty nice, not the 75 degree weather we were having a few days ago, but still nice. 

Here are the girls enjoying the new addition to the swing set. Giddy-up!!So, pretty much, we have just been enjoying the great outdoors. and living it up while we can, we only have a few months of this wonderful weather. We have really been enjoying our backyard, it is awesome!! One of the main reasons we moved into this house was for the yard and to enjoy it right now in weather like this!! Just look at it, I love it!!

I will try and be better about blogging, but I don't make any promises. If you check in and I still haven't updated, just know that instead of sitting at the computer the night before, I was outside in my yard chillaxin' with a margarita in my hand!! Feel free to stop by and join me!!
5 comments:
We are hitting the parks, too, and loving it! Last summer some of my teacher friends and other friends met one morning/afternoon a week and played at parks. We had picnics and then brought them home to rest. It was so much fun! I just feel so happy when they are so happy.
Chillaxin and margarita's sound awesome!!!! Love the photos - the kids are getting so big. Enjoy the warm weather!
Great pics. The kids look like they are having such a great time. I love the pic of your yard--it looks so big and I love all the shade. (hope I can get up there for some chillaxin!
love ya,
How do the kids like the new ride? looks like the girls are having fun on it.
Wow - Wakema park looks like fun now! Your kids just shine when they are out in the sun - you can tell they love it.... just like their mama!!
Here's to summer! Woohoo!! :)
xoxoxo!
Post a Comment