We had our first experience with stitches a few weeks ago.
Honestly, I am surprised we made it this many years without a trip to the ER and stitches in one of the kids.
But, Cael changed all that over Memorial Day Weekend.
We were at our friends The Whiteheads for a nice relaxing BBQ.
It was late at night and all the kids were outside running around and playing. Cael didn't see the 3 foot retaining wall and ran right into the bricks and split the top of his head open.
Lots of blood! After we got it under control and all the Dads examined it in the bathroom, they came to a consensus that we should probably head to the ER.
So we loaded him up and to the ER we headed at 10:00 pm. He was a brave boy. The doctors took a look at it, numbed it, and put 4 stitches in my boy. He laid very still and didn't cry!! I couldn't believe it. I couldn't watch, it would have made me sick to my stomach, but Tad watched every minute of it. He was so brave:)
The stitches came out 5 days later and you can definitely still see the scar, but hopefully with time, it will fade. And, if he ever wears his hair longer (?), you won't even see it.
This kid hits his head all the time so I am sure this is just the first of many runs to the ER and our experience with stitches.
Maybe I need to have the kid wear a helmet all the time!!
No comments:
Post a Comment