For those of you who gave up on me, which I wouldn't blame ya, but I am back. No real good excuse for not blogging for a couple months, just been busy and was a little unmotivated to update my blog at 10:00 PM after the kids are in bed and all my stuff is done for the next day.
I don't really have a lot to tell, but our lives have been busy and lots of fun. Here is a quick overview of our spring and then after this, I hope to do better on my updates. With summer coming, we will be having lots of fun, so I don't make any promises:)
We took the kids bowling for the first time. The only way they had ever done it was on the Wii, so this was much more of a challenge for them. They loved it!! Jaden was actually pretty good and got over 100 and beat me one game, which isn't really that hard to do. It was lots of fun!
We also made our annual trip to Grand Harbor in Dubuque. The kids (and us also) have soooo much fun here! The kids are at such fun ages and all of them are independent enough to be able to do most of it by themselves, but I still love to go down the water slides with them. What will I do when they are old enough and don't need me to go with them? I guess I will just go by myself, or maybe steal myself another child:) jkThe girls had their gymnastics competition in March. They are scored on all 4 of the girls events- vault, beam, floor exercise, and uneven bars and then each participant got a medal. They do such a wonderful job at gymnastics are are very good at it. Their coaches say they have natural strength and flexibility for it!! I am amazed at all they can do. Very proud of them!!
Here's Skylar:
Jaden:

We spent a day down at the Children's Museum in Coralridge during spring break. There are such wonderful activities to do down there, we spent hours there. Here are the kids climbing the wall. They also had fun "making" pizzas, making Lego designs, pretending to be pilots, and much more.
At Easter, we were able to spend time with our families, got to relax and enjoy each others company. Here are the kids with their cousin Levi while and Gramma and Papa B's house.
We spent a few hours at Heartland Acres in Independence. It is a place where you go back in time and see how farming and living was done "way back when.....". Very interesting and they have some really cool cars there. We went with my sister Kristi and her kids, and their Grandpa Jim. Here are all the kids sitting on a cow:
Here are the 6 of them in Big Buds Tire. Big Bud is the biggest tractor in the World, it is just HUGE!! I wish we could have heard it fired up!
Here are the 'students' in the one-room classroom, Jaden was the teacher. They got to pretend to write with quill pens. I was trying to teach the kids a little US history and there was a picture of Abe Lincoln on the wall. So I asked all the kids who he was, they all thought very hard, then Cael yelled out "Jesus?". It was a good guess, he knew it was someone important at least!
After that, we had some lunch and then headed to a park. It was a very good day:)
Jaden:
There is a quick review of what we have been up to. I will be back with our many adventures in May. Until then....
2 comments:
Nice update. Welcome back, I miss the updates and pictures.
Looks like a fun spring. Love the kids all in the tractor tire, how fun.
Love ya, mom
Great update! & thanks for posting Cael's choice for the Abe Lincoln picture-- gosh, I can't stop laughing again! He thought for sure he had the right answer! Makes my day!
maybe I'll try blogging again... we'll see :)
Kristi
Post a Comment